Forums

Young Christian Teacher/Youth Minister - My Story

Page:   1 2 3

Sandy

Joined in 2007
January 1, 2008, 19:11

Hey Mark

I understand that you believe that I and many like me have been brainwashed and thats ok, your free to believe whatever you like. However its a bit pointless to keep bring it up over and over isn’t it? I fear it will turn into a “no I’m not” “yes you are” preschool argument and nobody wants that. I truely believe that the bible is the word of God and if I’m brainwashed than frankly bring it on because I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Again, I hope that I can remind you that when talking about the bible it needs to be discussed within the context it was written. I’m going to take an educated guess and say you got most of those references from leviticus which we know is an old testament book of law, a law that was abolished by the death of Jesus and as none of the things you mentioned have been reaffrimed in the NT then it’s old news. I have the feeling that growing up in the Christian environment that you did, you would already know that this is the way many Christians see things.

I am going to say something that will probably shock the socks off everyone but I don’t want to agrue ok? I’m tired of it, tired of trying to justify my decisions to people who have zero interest in them and tired of trying to please other people. I believe the bible is the word of God and I’m not ashamed to admitt it. Have any opinion of me you like but as far as I’m concerned the topic is closed.

January 1, 2008, 19:28

Hey Mark

Again, I hope that I can remind you that when talking about the bible it needs to be discussed within the context it was written. I’m going to take an educated guess and say you got most of those references from leviticus which we know is an old testament book of law, a law that was abolished by the death of Jesus and as none of the things you mentioned have been reaffrimed in the NT then it’s old news. I have the feeling that growing up in the Christian environment that you did, you would already know that this is the way many Christians see things.

Actually all these references are from the New Testament. You’re tired of justifying your position. I’m tired of people telling me that I am an abomination because a book of myths that was written thousands of years ago and cannot be questioned tells me so.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
January 1, 2008, 19:57

well there you go, I’ll have to grab my concordance and do a bit of exegesis.

If I’m tried of justifying myself to people who have more interest in grass growing than my opinions and you are tried of people telling you its not ok to be gay then why are we even talking about it? Lets just take a deep breath, relax and let this one slide.

Your not going to convince me that the bible is not the word of God and I’m not going to convince you it is so lets just get off each others cases ok?

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 2, 2008, 13:28

I think its time to finish this discussion. We have not really had one from memory in this forum on the authority of the bible. That could be for several reasons. Possibly its because of the tone we try to create here. …..ie….always a respectful dialogue. as an observer…it appears that this conversation is deteriorating into attack instead of dialogue. So many of us have been hurt in the past and that sometimes comes out in our communication. The freedom 2 b[e] forum is not the place to attack or hurt each other any more. Its a safe place.

We will all have different opinions here on many issues. Best to leave it at that i think.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.