Forums

Young, gay, loves God from sunny Brisbane

Page:   1 2 3

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
January 18, 2009, 09:35

“Jason’s cell group is awesome! We keep talking about gay stuff tho… Yeah and those people keep coming and give us pedicures each week while we’re praying – what’s that all about?” Hahaha, how to break the news…

😆 thats cute 😉 This is sounding soooooooo good, its awesome Jason, very excited for you 😀 Your sister sounds great 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 18, 2009, 11:50

let us know if we can be of any help Jason……in any way

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
January 23, 2009, 01:43

Hey mate!!!

Great to see you on the F2B forums… 😀

I will send you a better message when I have time…kinda busy at the moment.

Speak soon!!

Ben 🙂

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
March 2, 2009, 14:38

Hey Jason,

Would be keep to hear about any progress you’ve made, are you leading a cell group yet?

Take care.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 3, 2009, 00:26

we have Sandy Turnbull coming from the US to sydney this mardi gras…..apparently she has contacts with a group in Brisbane that have bible studies.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 4, 2009, 17:00

jason

Sandy ( http://www.freedom2b.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3822 ) will be in Brisbane for a few days next week after mardi gras.

Let me know if you’d like to catch up and I’ll connect you.

Great lady I’ve met up with the last two times in the US.

JR

Joined in 2008
July 5, 2009, 23:25

Anthony I’m so slack in checking these things – I wish I’d seen this post (or read the email that told me there was a post here at least!) as I would have been very keen. EEK. I hope you forgive me! 🙁

On another note, I wanted to share quickly and encourage. Last week the universe aligned momentarily and I found time to speak with my senior pastor about the homosexualist thing, with a view to starting something supportive in our church. Long story short we had a great meeting and he was super encouraging. “So, it’s ok with you and God that I’m into guys?” I asked, to which he laughed and said “Yes, of course it is.” I kinda left his office wondering why I hadn’t spoken to him 5 or 6 years earlier about it. I told him of the difficulties we face as gay Christians and while he talked them down a bit compared to the various other issues he’s called to deal with each day as the pastor of a large church, we agreed there was a definite need for a ministry that would support others and shine some light on the topic, especially for Christians who may be questioning but are afraid or ashamed because they think its wrong. He offered me his support and help in any way that I needed, and I guess there’s not really much more that I could have asked of him. He had concerns about the “gay” label and me identifying with this as a defining characteristic rather than as a

Christian and a man seeking to glorify God who happens to be same-sex oriented, and I took this on board cause he is a after all a pretty wise guy. (He has grey hair, it’s biblical.)

I hope that’s encouraging for others. I spoke to a couple of friends and they were pretty excited about it and I expect they’ll talk it up a bit so that word will spread amongst our crew. Now for next steps… 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 6, 2009, 23:39

I’ve heard three other similar stories in the last two weeks. Can I ask what denomination this was. The three I heard about were pentecostal…..two of those Assemblies of God.

JR

Joined in 2008
July 6, 2009, 23:47

Baptist. But rather contemporary/evangelical. You think they’ve all been to the same conference in the last month? 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 6, 2009, 23:50

this is also a good step…..there are about a dozen baptist churches in Melbourne which are welcoming……only two here in Sydney I know of……seems like its happening everywhere…..slowly.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.