Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 7, 2009, 08:46

Great news JR 😀 awesome!!!!

JeffnSyd

Joined in 2008
July 7, 2009, 08:55

Hey JR

Good to see your update on things at Church. Great news about the discussion with your pastor. I was just asking Anthony the other night if he had heard from you recently. Great encouragement to see an open dialogue with your church leadership.

JR

Joined in 2008
July 7, 2009, 11:37

Hey, thanks 🙂

I’ve also inadvertently found a good mentor/supportor/champion in a close straight friend, who is a pillar of sorts at our church. We’ve been talking for a while about what to do etc, to bring the issue out of the shadows, and when I was catching up with him he told me he has seemingly become this ‘go-to guy’ for a number of gay and questioning people at our church. The great thing is that he’s decided it’s a ministry he’s going to support and get behind and defend if needed. My gosh I nearly cried when he said this! So happy – I literally couldn’t have picked a better person to have on side. Not sure about next steps – I’m supposed to be running away now for months of European summer sunshine but I’m am eager to invest more in this. I guess it’ll all still be here when I get back 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 8, 2009, 00:08

please let you mentor know that we are more than happy to help out at any time…….

Did you see this. http://www.freedom2b.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3929

also we do have a section on her for our heterosexual friends and supporters.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.051 seconds.