Forums

Coming out at 51

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 20, 2011, 16:08

Hi Rainbow Girl

It's great that you have supportive people around you. Congratulations with the way you are handling things too.

All the very best to you as you continue disclosing about your sexuality. It so far sounds mostly positive which must give you heart despite the pain that you and your husband are going through.

I hope Christmas is a good time for you and the start of a great New Year ahead. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

sarab

Joined in 2011
December 20, 2011, 19:45

Hi Rainbow Girl,

I think you are handling things really well too – and you will be in my thoughts and prayers over Christmas. I liked what you said before about not needing to get "tripped up" in arguing about "convincing others". I like the way you put this and will hold on to this for the future should I find myself involved in similar conversations.

What a lot of disclosing you have been doing over recent days – talking to your employers today – and it sounds like other people to talk with as well. You are proabably feeling a bit exhausted.

It's great to hear you looking forward to 2012 – please know that by sharing your story that you offer encouragement and inspiration to others – like me 🙂

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year – here's to you and your courage!

May you be surrounded by good people and may God continue to bless you as you figure things out.

Sarab 🙂 xx

Rainbow Girl

Joined in 2011
December 21, 2011, 12:57

I just love this forum…people are so sweet. Thanks to everyone who has made all the wonderful comments. I love you all ((hugs))

Ann Maree….I have a positive view of the New Year ahead. There are many question marks and new possibilities. I will be changing employment and moving house, but I'm so blessed to have such supportive people around me.

My bosses (a married couple) were amazing! They said they had suspected I wasn't straight for quite some time. Its astounding how others can pick these things up. They said congratulations and I got a big hug…wow!

Tonight I tell another of my children. I'm wondering if he already suspects this about me.

Sarab…..I'm pleased that I can be an inspiration and an encouragement for others….what a fabulous outcome of sharing my story.

My daughter came back to me with questions and doubts. I didn't get caught up in arguing or trying to offer proof. I said she had every right to question and to react in whatever way she needs to, and I'm open for more communication whenever she wants to talk. I filled her in on one or two things about my past that she wouldn't have been aware of, and said that I know who I am, and that's what matters. But really, the proof will be apparent in time. If she saw me with my 'girlfriend' she would have no doubts. Of course, she won't be meeting her for a while….I need to let everyone process this before introducing them to the new person in my life. With our children It can be tricky, as they have a loyalty to the straight parent too.

I hope everyone at Freedom 2b has a fabulous Christmas and New Year with family and friends.

Rainbow Girl

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
December 21, 2011, 13:10

Things are progressing well and quickly for you. I really admire your level head in all this also your consideration to the people you love. Yes it's funny how people can know things about ourselves before we know or maybe it's admit to ourselves. It is so wonderful you have some great supportive friends and family. You are a wonderful inspiration to not only other's on this forum but also to your children. You are inspiring them to be true to themselves and that hopes and dreams do come true.

I imagine there will be some ups and downs for a while as everyone comes to terms with everything. Once you are in your own place, not only will you be able to move forward but also your husband. In the rough times, hold onto the good, keep focused on the positive and the wonderful beautiful future you will have.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a bright and awesome New Year filled with so many exciting wonderful new times to come.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 21, 2011, 13:40

you are all so frigging clever these days adding animated pics aren't you………hehe

Great Christmas to you all.

Rainbow Girl

Joined in 2011
December 30, 2011, 10:21

Well aren't you all so clever?

Hi to all. I had a brilliant time away with my family, with lots of laughs and plenty of food and drinks.

They were all so wonderfully supportive and loving towards me. Many commented on how happy I am….the happiest they've seen me in a long, long time.

Back home and looking at making the move. My husband is having an extremely difficult time and both of us are very emotional. It really is a horrible time and nothing can make things any easier. I know we can be good friends eventually….but right now it hurts like crazy.

I am amazed at my family …they are amazing. I'm going to email my son and daughter-in-law who are still overseas, and still don't know about anything as yet.

Hope you all have a fabulous New Year, and I pray for wonderful things for everyone in 2012.

Rainbow Girl

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 30, 2011, 10:32

Hi Rainbow Girl

That's wonderful that your family have been so amazing! 🙂

May you you also have a fabulous and joy-filled 2012!

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
December 30, 2011, 10:52

Hi Rainbow Girl,

So glad everything went well with your family over Christmas. The fact that you feel so happy and they acknowledged you look happy shows this is the right decision for you. At the moment it is a great deal of pain and hurt for you and your husband, as you move forward in your life, that will pass for you both, just not fun now. Does your husband have some support, someone he can talk to, some mates? He can even ring lifeline and remain anonymous. Sounds like your family is rallying and supporting you both.

Keep moving forward and looking forward to a great future in 2012.

God Bless

Rainbow Girl

Joined in 2011
December 31, 2011, 08:13

Thanks Ann Maree and Mother Hen….love and hugs to you both. I'm moving out today….feeling stressed and emotional. One of my son's was crying on the phone this morning, but I'm going to visit him tomorrow. We will get through this….I know it!

I know God is with us all.

My husband may have been talking to someone he works with, and to our children also. He's a bit of a loner though, so is really struggling.

It's hard to see the light at the end of this dark tunnel, especially for him. But I know it's there, and it will become more apparent as we journey towards it.

Thanks again for your love, prayers and support. I value everyone here so much.

Rainbow Girl

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 31, 2011, 15:07

Hi Rainbow Girl

Sorry to hear of the painful time that you, your husband and son are going through. It's good that your husband is talking with someone at his work but it sounds like he needs more supports. Would he be interested in joining a Mens Shed to make things with other men? Or could you check in with him about the idea of reaching out to someone else as well, maybe even suggesting a resource or support person? The other thing I wondered about is if he is going to church and whether there is someone there who might be helpful. Lastly there's always counselling. And I know not everyone is into talking about their issues with a stranger, and if he isn't, that's fair enough. However this is such a big issue and supports are so important whether professional or otherwise.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.151 seconds.