Forums

Coming out at 51

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Rainbow Girl

Joined in 2011
January 9, 2012, 10:38

Hi Mother Hen, Helen and Princess Fiona….. thanks for your prayers and thoughts. I am looking forward to meeting Ben and Sam at the conference. I'll be taking Sam's elective and have been chatting a bit with him on facebook. It'll be lovely to meet you too Helen. I'll be there with the special person in my life, so won't be alone. I'm excited about being there; attending the conference and making some new friends. It'll be fabulous!

I'm going to register with Work and Income NZ today, for help with finances and also with finding full time work. Not a thing I'm looking forward to, but I guess its necessary.

One of my son's visited me yesterday and we had a good visit. He and I have always been close and there isn't much that would affect our relationship.

I also received a lovely message from my daughter-in-law saying that my news makes no difference to our relationship. She and my eldest son are in the states at the moment, until February.

Blessings to all,

Rainbow Girl

grebo5454

Joined in 2010
January 9, 2012, 15:52

Hi Rainbow Girl

Great to hear that things are going ok with your kids. So looking forward to meeting you and your special friend. Sam told me you were doing his elective …..well so am I (lol).

See you soon.

Love Helen xx

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 9, 2012, 16:06

sounds like things are moving along relatively well Rainbow Girl. Looking forward to meeting your friend.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 9, 2012, 17:04

Hi Rainbow Girl

I hope you enjoy the conference. It sounds like it will be a good one. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Rainbow Girl

Joined in 2011
January 9, 2012, 19:34

Helen….its great you and I will be in the same elective….cool.

And you will get to meet my 'special friend'….and you too Anthony. I look forward to meeting you in person. 🙂

Rainbow Girl

Joined in 2011
January 17, 2012, 06:42

Hi to all….just a bit of an update.

I have a full time job in a rest home, starting on Wednesday! It happened so smoothly…I'm amazed.

The rest home is 8 minutes walk from where I'm living at the moment….couldn't be better.

My husband has been upset lately. I've suggested counseling and am hoping he takes steps towards that. He's still expecting me to come to my senses and come back, so while he holds that hope he won't move forward.

My youngest son is barely talking to me, but my daughter is doing well, and wants to phone and chat this week.

It all takes time….healing is a process.

My emotions are becoming more stable. It bothers me when my husband is so down, but I know he will get through this…especially with professional help.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. You are all precious.

Rainbow Girl

grebo5454

Joined in 2010
January 17, 2012, 07:39

Hi Rainbow Girl

Fantastic news about your new job. Hope it goes well for you and your family in time. I have always said that everything is in God's timing not ours.

See you next week.

Love Helen xx

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 17, 2012, 08:27

Hi Rainbow Girl

Congrats on the new job! That's great news. 🙂

Your husband's hopes that you might come back are a normal part of the grieving process. It's painful but you're right. He will come through this in his own time.

Enjoy the conference.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
January 17, 2012, 10:33

Hi Rainbow Girl

Congrats on your new job, fantastic it so close to where you now live!

Hope you enjoy the conference, sounds like you will be meeting some wonderful people from this site there. Has checked the conferance website and Sam's elective sounds awesome, enjoy. 🙂

Good to hear you and your daughter are doing good, the others will come around in time.

Hugs

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 17, 2012, 11:01

good to hear about the job Rainbow girl. I am not sure if you husband is an internet user or not. but there is this site for straight spouses. http://www.straightspouse.org/faq.php

often one on one counselling is reassuring and helps people process the myriad of emotions.

Anthony Venn-Brown

LGBT Consultant and professional coach, working with gay, lesbian, bisexual clients and those questioning their sexual identity

Strategic Coming Out – Married & Gay – Faith Sexuality Conflict – Living Authentically – Life After the Closet

Author of 'A Life of Unlearning – A Journey to Find the Truth'

Co-founder of Freedom 2 b[e]

E: [email protected]

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.12 seconds.