Forums

Coming out at 51

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 24, 2012, 20:33

Yep very wet, pouring it down all arvo. We have had over 200mm where we are and they are saying the area will get 100-200mm's over night. We are ok where we are though and the kids are all ok.

Have great time at the Convention 🙂

Rainbow Girl

Joined in 2011
January 25, 2012, 08:27

Hi Helen…looking forward to meeting you on Friday night too. A bit wet there at the moment eh?

We are staying in a backpackers in Kings Cross (yeah, roughing it…hehe 😉 ), so we're checking out the transportation to the conference from there. We arrive on Friday morning so we'll have plenty of time to get organised.

🙂

Rainbow Girl

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
January 25, 2012, 15:47

From Kings Cross, take bus 311, 324 or 325 to Circular Quay.

Or, train from KX station to Martin Place Station, then walk a few blocks down to Circ. Quay.

Then, ferry to Manly.

Fares for those trips (one way) are:

Train $3.40 ; Bus $2.10 ; Ferry $7.00

You might find the convenience of a MyMulti Day Pass for $21 is worthwhile. Unlimited travel on trains, regular buses, most ferries*, trams. (*Not high-speed ferry to Manly)

Full info available at http://www.131500.com.au

Rainbow Girl

Joined in 2011
January 26, 2012, 19:38

Thanks forestgrey….we noted all that. I'm sure we'll manage well and have a fab time. If in doubt we'll ask a local.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
January 26, 2012, 21:38

Rainbow_Girl : sorry I won't meet you at the Conference as too busy (prior to heading over the ditch for 3 weeks)

Re counselling for your husband: have a look (on this site) at Support >> Family & Friends >> Straight Spouse Network Australia

The guy on that (who has been through the experience as a straight spouse) may have NZ contacts, or may be able to chat on Skype.

[ If you see an old Aussie bloke wandering around during February, it might be me!! ] Bless ya!

Rainbow Girl

Joined in 2011
January 31, 2012, 10:36

forestgrey…hey old aussie bloke, I'd like to see you wandering around and go for a coffee if that works for you. Thanks for your suggestions 🙂

The conference was awesome…although the visit was fleeting. I was impacted in so many ways.

I met some beautiful people and made new friends. Lovely to meet Helen and Ben and Sam…and also Ben's parents. Oh, and Mother Hen's son…yes we had a chat 🙂 I loved meeting up with Anthony over lunch…you are amazing!

It really is all about people isn't it? There was amazing teaching and worship times, through which to connect with God and each other….but what impacted me the most was the love and joy I experienced from the people there. This too connects us with God, in an even deeper way sometimes. We are portraying Jesus to one another…and its beautiful and precious. Just sitting and chatting and connecting…this is what I love.

We love because he loves us…and as we know his love for us, we love others. This is what its all about.

Okay…on with life…freshly inspired and impassioned. Bless you all.

Rainbow Girl

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 31, 2012, 10:46

Hi Rainbow Girl,

Wonderful you had an awesome time at the conference and are feeling refreshed and raring to go.

It's one thing to connect to people on this forum and have the love and support of the group, it's another to connect face to face. Makes it all so real. The stories, the people, they all become real. Good encouragement for people to get to a F2B meeting if they haven't been before.

Are you coming over for the Mardi Gras?

Have an awesome week. 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 31, 2012, 16:47

Good for you Rainbow Girl!!

Glad you enjoyed the conference and got a new lease on life and another level of support from f2b and others. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

sarab

Joined in 2011
January 31, 2012, 21:41

wow Rainbow Girl – what a lot has happened to you in a relatively short space of time.

So good to hear that you were inspired and encouraged by the conference and by meeting up with some f2bers.

Just thought I'd say hi – hope things continue to move forward for you.

how's the job going?

take care,

Sarab xx

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
February 1, 2012, 16:45

Hi Rainbow Girl

Nice to hear that you are freshly inspired and enjoyed the conference. Sounds like your experience with other Christians there, was just how it should be, full of love.

Hope you are still enjoying your job and adapting to the different shifts. How is are the family doing? Did your husband end up finding a counsellor yet?

Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.104 seconds.