Forums

Is there a difference between who you are and what you do?

Page:   1 2 3 4 5

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 30, 2007, 10:32

well…..things did run away there for a while didn’t they.

that was quite a post too Maggie

As an observer I think that possible the discussion of the authority of the bible ‘gods word’ is for discussion only with those who both believe it to be so. there are those on this forum who once believed that…..but now still respect it but see it in a different light. I dont think we should try and change the others position on that.

We have a challenge here to be respectful and non-judgemental of each others opinions and beliefs and not have an agenda……..and yet talk about those things as well. Most of the time we manage quite well.

personally i’m prety proud of the way we do things here…….it always seems to come out ok in the end.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 30, 2007, 10:46

Very true, it does come out ok in the end and we arent mad at each other at all, just passionate lol and I agree, in not having a hidden agenda, its such an easy and open easy going safe forum and so glad I found it. D

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 30, 2007, 11:30

Well I could debate those points but I am SO late for a meeting right now, so I’ll just say this. Homosexuality is not a salvation issue, never was, agreed. But salvation isn’t the point is it? Do we live to glorify God or do we live to get to heaven?

I will be away for about a week on a conference so you may not hear from me for a while (give you a chance to edit mags 😆 )

I am living to glorify God. My relationship is committed to him, we had our commitment ceremony in front of several Christian friends and our former pastor was there and wished us his blessing. We live to glorify God. We don’t go out and rob, kill, slander, defraud or otherwise bring disgrace to God’s name. We are faithful to each other, kindly, respectful to all and as far as it rests with us, live at peace with our neighbours. (barring the occasional heated discussion in internet forums. 😉 )

None of those good works, good humors, good intentions, or good desires mean anything to our salvation. As Wesley says, that is effected by grace without our input, but we live what I think it is a Godly lifestyle of sustaining grace (Part two of Wesley’s theology).

It’s only other people who seem to have a problem with us. 😆

We live to glorify God because we want to get to heaven, surely? How can the two be separated?

I think this subject (for me anyway) has been beaten to death, and I am going to step away now…unless I feel there is something I haven’t said later on, but I doubt it.

Blessings,

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 30, 2007, 12:22

Yes I have said as much as I want to say as well on this subject, of course I want to get to heaven and choose this particular way because there is no other way from what my own beliefs state but its from my heart that I choose to also follow the ways of the one who purchased it for me and from the heart I believed in him, not to gain brownie points LOL…… wink

orfeo

Joined in 2007
November 30, 2007, 12:55

Hugs all around.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 30, 2007, 13:58

Awwwwwww much needed “Hugs” back xx

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 30, 2007, 18:05

Love your signature Orfeo, mannnnnn its just so super rubiks cubish lol the Bible that is.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.079 seconds.