Forums

Male 47 Pentecostal, Ex-gay, Ex-Church and trying to sort it all out.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

ipete

Joined in 2011
November 1, 2011, 09:14

Hi Suzee,

Thanks for looking at my story and the big thing for me is acceptance. With years of hiding for fear of rejection and opening up to some straight Christians in the past who being loving, but still believe that being gay is wrong, They pray with you, give you all the verses to speak out and think by some miracle of God I will become Hetrosexual. In all of that I would try to the point that I would end up pretending that it was all changing just so I would not be rejected, I was only deceiving myself and them. So I would walk away and not go back as I thought it was the best thing to do. Then there was the ex-gay programs but have said a little on some other posts on that.

So it is good to see that there are straight Christians on here as yourself that are loving and accepting which makes me feel good about the whole thing and the direction I’m going in.

Thanks for your time and acceptance!!

ipete…

Suzee

Joined in 2011
November 2, 2011, 09:06

I commend you ipete on navigating your way out of the troubled waters. Well done.

Yes, there are many straight Christians who now embrace our LGBT brothers and sisters.

Having moved from thinking that its a sin to be homosexual to now being an ally and an advocate, in a short space of time, has confirmed to me that its totally plausible to believe that almost every Christian can make that journey too.

And many are, I’m pleased to say.

You can continue to feel good about the journey you’re on. Do you have access to information that would help you?

There are sites we can recommend, depending on what you’re wanting to find out. There are places to go to find the truth around those ‘clobber’ scriptures people use against homosexuality; exploring what the Bible really says about it. You may have already looked into that.

Whatever questions you have…someone will have an answer I’m sure. 🙂

Love and hugs to you,

Suzee

ipete

Joined in 2011
November 3, 2011, 07:45

Hi Suzee,

Thanks for that!!! It has been a long journey and it’s good to see there are people who understand.

I have looked up various sites in regards to those clobber scriptures, I am interested at the moment in getting a good understanding of those. To me understanding them is the foundation for everything else.

Instead of going over the sites I’ve looked at could you please recommend any that are good also is there a book that specifically addresses those scriptures, if not one should be written!!

Thanks for your support.

ipete

Suzee

Joined in 2011
November 3, 2011, 09:44

Hi ipete…good that you’re looking things up.

I don’t know which sties you’ve been to, but I can recommend Soulforce which addresses ” What the Bible says, and doesn’t say about Homosexuality”…and also at what science says.

If you google ‘Soulforce’, then click on ‘What the Bible Says’, it gives you the link to the 24 page booklet written by Mel White.

I found this very helpful.

A couple of good books are “Openly Gay Openly Christian: How the Bible Really is Gay Friendly” by Samuel Kader

and “What the Bible Really says About Homosexuality” by Daniel Helminiak

I’m sure others will suggest more links and books for you.

I will also promote Anthony Venn-Brown’s autobiography “A Life of Unlearning”, which I recommend you read also.

I hope this helps. Just remember…its a journey and there’s no rush.

Love and hugs

Suzee

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 3, 2011, 13:25

Just to let people know…….A Life of unlearning paperback (second edition) is currently sold out…….although there are people selling second hand copies on Amazon.com for $1000……crazy

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Unlearning-journey-find-truth/dp/1741105463/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320286859&sr=1-1

The audio version is still available on Itunes and audible.com and lots of other sites. Just google A Life or Unlearning audio and you will find it at realistic prices and sometimes on special.

the third edition paperback will be out next year.

ipete

Joined in 2011
November 3, 2011, 14:20

Hi Suzee,

Thanks for that information. I havent looked at Soulforce as yet and will have a look for those other books.

I have looked for A life of Unlearning and have seen its out of stock everywhere but its on itunes. Also I have a post under yours that explains it all.

Really appreciate your help and true there is no rush but will be doing some reading as I am on holidays at the moment and it looks like its going to rain again, reading weather!!

Will let you know how i go.

ipete…

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 3, 2011, 14:27

you may also find copies of A Life of Unlearning in your local library in Australia…..either the first, second edition or even the audio…..not sure about NZ though. Maybe someone from NZ could check that out for us.

ipete

Joined in 2011
November 3, 2011, 14:33

Hi Avennbrown,

Thanks for the information, will give amazon a miss and get off itunes.

ipete….

grebo5454

Joined in 2010
November 3, 2011, 16:43

🙂 Hi ipete

A big welcome, welcome welcome from the mum of a 23 year old gay guy who lives in Sydney. Putting your story on the forum is the first step of many for you in your journey.

Just remember, you are never alone and heaps of people love you already. Freedom2b(e) is a fantastic network of people who listen, understand and will support you along the way.

Bless you

Helen

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
November 3, 2011, 18:23

Just to let people know…….A Life of unlearning paperback (second edition) is currently sold out…….although there are people selling second hand copies on Amazon.com for $1000……crazy .

Goes to show how priceless you and the information is. 🙂 Considering they are 2nd hand you must of had a big impact on their lives.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.076 seconds.