Forums

Mastubation: Right or Wrong?

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 23, 2008, 12:28

So I wrote a big long speil and then considered that this is a rather private topic isn’t it? 😆 😆 So I deleted that after finally finding my tact burried underneith a pile of clinical curiosity.

I am conducting a study and writing a paper on attitudes towards mastubation within a Christian framework. Not necessarily whether it is right or wrong but WHY you think it is and HOW you justify your beliefs as a Christian.

If you would like to respond on the forum be my guest, if not send me a PM. This is for a college paper and the study is simply a phsychological bias mechanism that will not make it into the paper at all. It is more for my comfort in knowing that my conclusions represent what Christians are thinking and that I didn’t miss anything someone else thought of.

Thanks.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 23, 2008, 13:51

Far out, almost gagged on my ice cream when I saw the topic 😆 😳 😆

A good, interesting but sensitive topic. 8)

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 23, 2008, 18:26

LMAO……I can’t believe you posted this here……a ticklish topic for sure…… 😆 😆 😆

More later….I have a client to talk to.

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
October 23, 2008, 18:53

I am so answering this. Mwaha. 😀 I’ll send you a PM first Sandy and then I’ll write a response on the boards later.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 23, 2008, 19:10

LMAO……I can’t believe you posted this here……a ticklish topic for sure

*shrugs* I have been writing and researching sex in one variation or another since before I graduated from university so I have no embaressment when it comes to stuff like mastubation. Granted, I probably could have picked an easier topic for my assignment but this one is just so damn interesting don’t you think? 😆 😆 Or maybe its just me and no one else even gives it a second thought… the celibate lesbian is a nymphomaniac underneith…. ah out of one closet and into another… I’m like soooooo discriminated against 😆 😆 😆

But this isn’t meant to instil fear or embaressment or anything like that, if it makes you uncomfortable then feel free to ignore me, people do it all the time. But the reason these things make us laugh with embaressment or cringe is because we DONT talk about them, esepically as Christians and its one of those things really, that almost everyone does or has done but no one really talks about. WHY?

I’m glad I posted through because I realised from some of the responces I have gotten so far that I’m such a girl 😆 I have such feminine take on this and well thats a significant disadvantge if I want to write my paper properly

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 24, 2008, 01:00

fascinating topic as you say Sandy. I’d be interested to know your findings.

I’ve had lots of………no I wont say it here. 😆 😳

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 24, 2008, 09:43

I’ve had lots of………no I wont say it here.

😆 😆 Don’t be cheeky Anthony.

But seriously, from what I have gathered from those that have responded I may have misrepresented myself. I don’t want personal information relating to when, where and how often, its unnecessary and dangerous for anyone to give out that kind of information on the internet. Not to mention it makes me feel like a dirty old man 😆 😆

What I do want is your views on why you believe what you believe about masturbation. They need to be Christian centred. I know there are a number of secular reasons why its good and fun but as I am looking at this within a Christian framework, they do not impact the morality of the act in question.

I hope that clears a few things up for people and helps to aleviate some of the embaressment. This is an ethics study not a sex study and everyone has some kind of an opinion. I’ll post the findings in a few weeks when they are done; though be warned it will be MY conclusions for MY ethics papers so they may or may not be the exact concensus of what people have said on this forum or the others I have asked.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 24, 2008, 14:48

PHEW!…..what a relief…… 😆 😆 😆

I do remember the times when this was preached as sin. You can imagine what that did to the mind of a young christian man.

It was never an addiction for me…..although trying to stamp it out completely was a torment. So unnecessary now I realise. In fact much of my life was a torment because I believe what others told was a sin against God.

I think for some people it can be healthy and others unhealthy…..just like eating or drinking alcohol. Its not immoral in itself.

Is that the sort of info you want Sandy.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 24, 2008, 15:02

Yes thats more on the right track AVB.

I guess I’m looking for more detail though

I think for some people it can be healthy and others unhealthy…..just like eating or drinking alcohol. Its not immoral in itself.

Is a great start but I’d like to know what factors then differentate the healthy from the unhealthy? Why is it ok for some and not others? I happen to agree with you so this isn’t about arguing the point, I’m just trying to get to the “ethics of the issue” if you will.

Also note that NO personal information needs to be given at all this is fine

It was never an addiction for me…..although trying to stamp it out completely was a torment. So unnecessary now I realise. In fact much of my life was a torment because I believe what others told was a sin against God.

But its not essential and wont make any difference to what I write so if you’re uncomfortable with personal revelation its not compulsory.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 24, 2008, 18:41

My views on masturbation, hmmmm!!!!!

Like Anthony I was told it was a sin when I became a Christian, from the pulpit, because a person had to fantasise about someone to get turned on enough to do it apparently and so they quoted Jesus saying ” if someone so much as looks at someone with intent they have already commited that very sin” so therefore masterbation = sin.

Then before I was a Christian I had heard it was “dirty” and “grose” and “depraved”. Well I dont think any of these things about it at all.

Its not something you talk about like “guess who I slept with last night?” … “who?” … “me 8) ” 😆 but something most people have done or do.

You dont have to have someone in mind to masterbate and what about those vivid dreams we have with sex in it, how can they be sin? I didnt ask for it 🙄

If you are obsessed with it, like with anything, then maybe there is an issue to address but if you happen to need that release every now and then, then I cant see a problem with it, as far as I know medically its almost a necessity for guys that arent having sex to do it. It makes you less grumpy anyhow 😆

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.057 seconds.