Forums

Mastubation: Right or Wrong?

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
August 8, 2009, 16:50

possibly it is one of those things the church has felt they need to tell people what to do and what is right and wrong…..instead of allowing people to work out what is right between them and God. 🙄

Yep, I can relate to that when I was going to my old church. They often felt that they had to give a yes or no (right or wrong) answer to these sorts of questions … it was also very much part of the whole “oversight” gig to be seen as giving definitive answers to questions … almost an infallibility complex if you like … sometimes it’s ok to say “I don’t know” …

blackjack

Joined in 2009
August 10, 2009, 23:02

I’m curious about the ‘right or wrong’ of it.

How would it be if the answer was not black or white?

I would opine that there are conditions, which more or less create this monochrome patchwork. It’d be becuase the issue is not what we do with ourselves, but what it’s for.

there are still pockets of Christians who are 100% against it. But then there are pockets of Christians who do all kinds of stupid things.

No, it’s indeed not over. 😡 I got asked several times privately by other people whether its okay, to whom I’m tempted to advise wisely, “yeah, knock your socks off”.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.054 seconds.