Forums

Mastubation: Right or Wrong?

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 24, 2008, 18:51

a person had to fantasise about someone to get turned on enough to do it apparently

Maybe I’m totally weird then because this is actually true for me. Someone tell me the secret recipie for being able to mastubate without fantasising because I’ll be a whole lot less grumpy 😆 😆 On second thought we might get kicked off the forum for being impropper! I have a whole lot of questions about this actually, it makes no sense to me… but then this isn’t the place for that kind of ‘vulgar talk’ as my mother says 😆

Its not something you talk about like “guess who I slept with last night?” … “who?” … “me ”

LAMO!!

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
October 24, 2008, 22:39

I am conducting a study and writing a paper on attitudes towards mastubation within a Christian framework. Not necessarily whether it is right or wrong but WHY you think it is and HOW you justify your beliefs as a Christian.

It would be interesting to see whether there is a significant difference in responses between partnered and single people …

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 25, 2008, 09:07

It would be interesting to see whether there is a significant difference in responses between partnered and single people …

Yes it would… unfortunatly I can’t do everything so that particular endevour will eventually fall into the hands of some other lucky person. They have actual textbooks on this topic though so I wouldn’t be surprised if the information is already out there somewhere… though its base is probably heterosexual… though in this case I can’t see why it couldn’t be dirrectly applied to gay and lesbians as well.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 25, 2008, 09:50

Hmmm!! Masterbation has an orientation? Thats all we need 🙄 😉

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
October 26, 2008, 10:12

I am conducting a study and writing a paper on attitudes towards mastubation within a Christian framework. Not necessarily whether it is right or wrong but WHY you think it is and HOW you justify your beliefs as a Christian.

I guess to answer your original question Sandy, my understanding of the topic is that within a Christian framework, it only becomes a “sin” when the action is deemed to be replacing a key component of our relationship with God eg time that would normally be spent praying, reading etc is now devoted to an alternative form of worship – some might even call this idol worship, which as you might know, is expressly forbidden by God. The key word here is replacing, over a continual time period.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 26, 2008, 17:07

I guess we also need to take into consideration the difference between male and female sexuality, sexual response etc etc…once again.

BTW Sandy….I dont mind being quoted……..OMG…..its all out there already thanks to my autobiography….what was I thinking about when I told all. 😥

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
October 26, 2008, 21:07

what was I thinking about when I told all. 😥

A bit of personal sacrifice for a greater good 8) A truely noble quality to have 😀

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 26, 2008, 21:10

I guess we also need to take into consideration the difference between male and female sexuality, sexual response etc etc…once again

Hmm… does the gender of the individual effect the morality of the action? I would say no but then thats just me. Just because something is more difficult to abstain from for one sex doesn’t intrinsically make it less immoral for them does it?

BTW Sandy….I dont mind being quoted……..OMG…..its all out there already thanks to my autobiography….what was I thinking about when I told all.

Ok so obviously I should have left my original far more embaressing speil up there because I’m not being very clear. This is just a bias test. Because I am… well me… I am personally inclined to be a little biased when it comes to this topic. I want to write my paper representing what “Christians” as a group think of this issue, not just what I believe they ought to think. So me asking all these Christians what they think is not actually any part of the paper I am required to write; therefore no one will need to be quoted or anything like that. I know its kind of bizzare, I’ve just spent too many years in research to be comfortable letting things like this go without checking their validity.

AVB I have a funny story about reading your autobiography. I remember it was my first reading, before dad came out and I was sitting there reading with my face screwed up and the book held gingerly in my hands like it was going t explode. Dad walks into the room and says “what are you doing?” laughing at me and I say “Oh geez this book is totally graphic, what was I thinking? I don’t want to know this! I didn’t even know men thought like that!” Dad of course cracks up and I havn’t lived it down esepically now he has come out and “thinks like that”. It was really the first time I was confronted with the idea of men as sexual beings; still kind of freaks me out 😆 😆 😆

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 27, 2008, 09:23

Generally speaking….remember generally speaking…..sexually men are more visual than woman…..and according to the hormones in the body men think about sex much more than women.

so the reason I mentioned male/female differences re masturbation these two things above should be taken into consideration.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 27, 2008, 09:42

sexually men are more visual than woman…..and according to the hormones in the body men think about sex much more than women.

Sooo true, so very very true 😉 . I knew a handful of lesbian friends like that, I mean almost every woman LOL 😆

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.099 seconds.