Forums

outed, rejected, but moving forward

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

IanJ

Joined in 2009
December 6, 2010, 19:45

Time moves on – and so does the re-establishment of a relationship with my children.

I have heard from my daughter again – a request for money.

My elder son has turned 21 and I went out with him (and my mother) to celebrate his birthday. It was a positive meeting, but avoiding the difficult issues. I am hoping that he will want to have contact again.

My younger son has written to me recently in response to a letter, and written more than he has in the past 2 years.

So things are beginning to move!!

so pleased!!!

Ian

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 6, 2010, 20:03

Hi IanJ

That’s excellent… so great to hear. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

RAAF BLOKE

Joined in 2010
December 7, 2010, 08:52

Wow, that’s really encouraging. Am praying for you.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
December 7, 2010, 11:30

I’m glad to hear that you’ve had some contact with your children, IanJ. That’s very encouraging.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 7, 2010, 22:32

yes……encouraged for you ….one step at a time.

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
December 7, 2010, 23:59

You are doing some amazing stuff Ian!!

I hope that one day…all your children will be as proud of you as many of us are. 🙂 🙂

IanJ

Joined in 2009
December 8, 2010, 22:55

Thanks everyone, it’s good to know that there are people cheering you on – sharing the ups as well as the downs.

Ian

freeme

Joined in 2011
January 27, 2011, 21:20

Ian,

Thanx soo much for your vulnerability,openess,honesty and transparency in sharing this part of your life and story.

I separated from my wife of 34 yrs 4 years ago and she used my ” GAYNESS” as the reason why we split up but! there was a lot of other reasons still, she told soo many people i was gay that i didn’t want to know to make her look good i guess but! in lots of ways she did me a favour as it opened doors for me to admit and share about me being gay.

I told my three sons individually and they said “so? we love you Dad it isn’t going to change anything”! which removed a huge burden from my shoulders.

I am surrounded by a lot of people that have known me for many years (family, friends,work colleagues) so, when i told them my sexual orientation wasn’t even in the equation. A lot of them respected me for having the guts to come out and tell them (including my parents) and they respected me i consider myself very blessed indeed and i thank God for that.

It is an amazing thing to be true to yourself as you are the one you live with no-one else. I am so glad that i am Gay i don’t apologise for it, i don’t defend it, i don’t have to explain myself to anyone.

I am a gay man and proud of it. I love being gay its exciting to say that and celebrate the fact.

Ian you are so right God says “Come as you are and i will love and cherish you,you are my beloved child, the apple of my eye, my prized possession, my chosen son/daughter”.

How awesome is that.

I thank God for the awesome life ahead for me and i go forward with confidence and assurance that He knows what He is doing.

Cheers

Freeme

freeme

Joined in 2011
January 28, 2011, 12:16

Peter,

Hello there.

Read your message and noticed you were in Perth as i am.

Wanted to grab coffee sometime let me know.

Cheers

Freeme

Dwayne

Joined in 2011
February 14, 2011, 05:38

Thanks Sandy… You give me hope… and I’m glad to be reminded that when I’m ready to tell my wife and kids, they might need some time and I will have to honor them in that and bless them, though painful it will be.

Smiling…..

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.