Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 13, 2008, 14:53

but like i said ‘fight’ is returning to me

Awesome 😀 😀

inertia

Joined in 2008
October 13, 2008, 18:22

Before we are born we are spirit. We choose to enter the realm of time, space and humanity to experience what we cannot as a spirit.

Wow Anthony I like this… just reading it gave me a bit of a sense of liberation as I was in a bit of a rut this morning… it certainly brings up the question of purpose (“why am I here”) and also the very interesting idea that if we could live our lives over again would we choose a different one? Makes you think about living the best authentic life you can NOW (who knows if this is the only chance we get…)

Also interesting to link to Christian thinking… sometimes I wonder if the heart of Christianity and other world spiritual faiths might be leading to the same point – I don’t know if this is a bit out there but I’m sure I’m not the only one who thought it! Like you say on your blog about creating space for change – we are all fellow human beings on a journey of learning and we all have something we can learn from each other…

inertia

Joined in 2008
October 13, 2008, 18:33

Then I read a book that said “your purpose is the one you choose for yourself and no-one will stand in judgement of you in this life or the next”.

I think I might start another topic about this one! It’s one that has bothered me intermittently through my life… when I was introduced to Christianity at a very young age through churches etc. there was a big focus on “judgement” and heaven and hell and I guess what could be labelled “scare tactics”…

OK I’ve started now LOL 🙄 will start another post… 😉

oooooo

Joined in 2006
October 13, 2008, 19:22

inertia you have hit the nail on the head as far as i am concerned. Many other religions (Not denominations) when compared with each other really do have some strong similarities and headings.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 13, 2008, 20:03

Yep many have many similarities, I wonder if its because as the bible says God has written some things on our hearts, so no matter who you are or where you are there is an innate sense of morality or right and wrong in all of us, you just have to look at some deep jungle tribes to see that at play, amazing! Its just that theres no Jesus.

It has just dawned on me, God took the emphasis off himself and said “believe in Jesus” so he knew people wouldnt necessarily believe in Him and even believe in other gods so He made Jesus the pivotal/crucial point. (just my point of view)

oooooo

Joined in 2006
October 13, 2008, 21:38

yeh i tend to agree with Jesus being the pivotal but i wonder if we have it all. After all, the bible has been interpreted so many times with some going out of wack (in my opinion). I wonder what has been shoved under the carpet over the years/centuries?

That is a massive question to me. Not just things on homosexuality but also many other thngs, i noted while in bible college, the english translation is not the same, some quite different actually, than the hebrew/greek.

that is in part why i am of the opinion christianity has a part of the elephant.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 13, 2008, 21:44

when you begin to look at other religions, philosophy and science you begin to see communalities.

I helpful term for these is universal laws…..ie they are not exclusive to Christianity or any other religion

EG

Sowing and reaping – christianity

Karma – hindu and buddhist

cause and effect – science

its like the law of gravity…..it exists….and everyone on the planet is subject to it.

its interesting that when I was in the ministry there were lots of questions in my mind…..but I daren’t go there……to say I disagree or I question was unacceptable…..today I can think independantly.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 14, 2008, 07:52

I wonder what has been shoved under the carpet over the years/centuries?

Yeh, I wonder too about that and for sure there are some things you cant fully translate from hebrew/greek to english, especially the ancient versions let alone classic. I mean even in the hungarian I speak there are some thing you cant translate and if I did would lose the full meaning or richness of it.

LIke you Anthony I didnt dare ask questions or was reprimanded when I did or was told to take the words of leadership as absolute truth, especially the Pope because he was meant to be infallible. 😯

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 14, 2008, 20:02

possibly we would find in our churches such a wide variety of beliefs and that everyone does not subscribe to all the traditional doctrines. I was quite surprised to find that not everyone believed what I told them to. I’d just assumed that as I was always preaching the truth that everyone had just accepted it. (a bit of a revelation I had several years after leaving the ministry) 😳

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 14, 2008, 20:32

Its kindve head spinny isnt it but releasing.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.099 seconds.