Forums

Reconnecting with a damaged spirituality

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 16, 2008, 14:33

Puppy dogs, cherries and gay men. I think its time to terminate this conversation. Its almost as ridiclous as the one in which Anthony was a sadistic brothel owner.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 16, 2008, 14:42

Tis wonderful to have brief moments of silliness to lighten some conversation topics 😉

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
October 16, 2008, 17:40

Hi yaawwll! This was a great thread to read through with heaps of very valid and interesting points of view! I too struggle with this area, who doesn’t! 😉 I spose for me keeping things simple is easier for me to begin a reconciliation process. I simply know that i am loved by God. I went from three full on services a week, prayer everyday, weekend outreaches, week long revival meetings to zero. I was sooo burnt out that i didn’t want to get back to anything like that again!! 😯 I really enjoy our meetings in Melb because we get great support from each other but can also talk about these very issues!

Good to be back on the chat! Thanks AVB

Cheers Michelle

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 16, 2008, 18:18

Glad to see you posting again Michelle 😀 , I can relate to what youre saying in many ways with the full on’ness. Its great to see more girls posting other than the usual trio of Sandy Leece and myself. 8)

inertia

Joined in 2008
October 16, 2008, 18:31

Sillyness and seriousness – it’s always great to have a balance of both I say!! Otherwise we would go mad….. 😉

I hear ya – I used to be such a church devotee, really involved in the music ministry and stuff but then all of a sudden – nothing!! “Too hard” basket. It’s funny how that happened, I guess its just now that I’m starting to be ready to address aspects of my spirituality again……

Well then, I look forward to meeting you and the others in Melbourne F2b! You going along tomorrow??

oooooo

Joined in 2006
October 17, 2008, 08:26

it is amazing how a conversation about deep spiritual truths can make its way back to food. Typical. LOL

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 17, 2008, 08:32

LOL…..all that brain usage makes you peckish 😯 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 17, 2008, 10:09

Glad to see you posting again Michelle 😀 , I can relate to what youre saying in many ways with the full on’ness. Its great to see more girls posting other than the usual trio of Sandy Leece and myself. 8)

…..and ME…..don’t forget ME 😆 😆 😆

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 17, 2008, 10:20

Ahhh! No, I didn’t mean it, I was kidding! Don’t come and get me…

yep……I think we knew that. We’ve trained people well to include lots of 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 when they are joking.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 17, 2008, 10:29

Hi yaawwll! This was a great thread to read through with heaps of very valid and interesting points of view! I too struggle with this area, who doesn’t! 😉 I spose for me keeping things simple is easier for me to begin a reconciliation process. I simply know that i am loved by God. I went from three full on services a week, prayer everyday, weekend outreaches, week long revival meetings to zero. I was sooo burnt out that i didn’t want to get back to anything like that again!! 😯 I really enjoy our meetings in Melb because we get great support from each other but can also talk about these very issues!

Good to be back on the chat! Thanks AVB

Cheers Michelle

the process of resolution can be such a long one. I think I understand the process but there is no timetable.

There is resolution of

1. Sexual orientation – we are not ‘normal’

2. “Christian” beliefs vs interpretations based on cultural conditioning

3. Relationship with God

4. Relationship with our previous christian ‘family’. Many have hurt us, abandoned or rejected us.

5. Anger at God for ‘letting us down’

6. for some there is sexual abuse to resolve which became entangled in their sexual orientation

7. That should keep us busy for a while.

I’ve seen that one of the major keys to accelerate the process is what we have created here and at our monthly chapter meetings in Sydney and Melbourne……..a place to connect with others who understand.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.09 seconds.