Forums

Scottish Gay Christian - yes they do exist haha!

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
April 7, 2008, 23:21

hahahahahahaha och aye the noo ma man! lol well yeah it would be a Scottish accent! it kind of sucks only being able to talk over the internet, your group at the start of the month that you have sounds amazing, wish there was something over here that was similar lol

Much Love

Justin

x

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 7, 2008, 23:24

thats right Scotch is something you drink isn’t it…..hehe. 😆 😆 😆

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
April 8, 2008, 06:21

JUSTIN!!!!

Hi!! Welcome to F2B!!! I agree with Anthony, as soon as you said you were from Scottish, I tried to read what you were saying in a Scottish accent. LOL!!! 😆 😆

Of course pretty much everybody on this site has an accent to me, Im just a silly red blooded American. YEEEE HAW! LOL!! 😆

So good to read your story. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! You said.

My deepest, darkest more kept secret is that I am truly PETRIFIED of dying alone, and in some wee recess in the back of mind (which i KNOW is internalised homophobia) is telling me that it is God punishing me for being gay! And I KNOW that God wouldn’t do that and it’s not in his nature to do that, but i can’t help feeling the way I feel.

Ok first of all, let me just say that I think it is ABSOLUTLY ADORABLE that you totally used the word “wee” . That was so cute! 😆 😆

Seriously though, I can totally relate. God is not punishing you for being who you are. I felt the same thing though. Luckily for me, I met the most amazing man, and it didnt take me 20 years!! LOL! (Sorry Mags 😆 ) More like 2 years…. so there is hope!!! Trust me, the right guy will come along. You’ll see. 😉 You will thank your self in the future for being true to yourself now, its all a process we have to go through. I know part of me still thinks that anything bad that happens to me is my own fault because I chose to go down “the wrong path.” Which is totally ridiculous! Since I have come out and the more time that has passed, the more I have realized that this train of thought is nothing more than a product of my environment and my own upbrining in a outdated, homophobic, closeminded, ultra conservative church and family.

So good to have you here!!!! 😀 😀 😀

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 8, 2008, 07:13

I spose my 20yrs could be looked at like a fine wine 😀 or a fine “Whine” 😆 I just made some bad choices and one ex is very happy married now with 3 kids, she was never really comfortable being Lez…….OMG I make girls straight 😯 nooooooooooooo 😡 😆

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 8, 2008, 07:54

Heres something interesting for you touching on the topic of making girls straight 😆

When I was known by my lesbian friends that I became a Christian (16yrs ago), it was assumed that I was straight now (I did try to be) and because of that, I was amazed at how many girls confided in me that they were actually closeted heterosexuals 😯 one is now recently married with 2 kids and the others I lost touch with. It amazed me then and in hindsite now, that it can be the other way around. The girls were worried they would lose their friends and be made fun of. They had been lesbian from a young age and then realised they didnt feel that way anymore, I just told them to not worry and not be afraid to try, from memory a couple were very happy with there boyfriends and lost interest in women. Be interesting to see where they were at now.

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
April 8, 2008, 08:28

…………..Mom….Dad….. I have something to tell you………Im straight.

😆 😆 LMAO!!!!!! 😆 😆

Actually, one of my good lesbian friends did the same thing. She fell in love with a guy, and the two of them ended up being really happy with eachother. I thought it was great, but she was kind of shunned by the rest of her lesbian friends. I guess for being a “traitor” or something like that, which I thought that was so hypocritical. I was like “geeze girls!!! give her a break!” It was a really backwards situation. I had never seen anyone rejected for being straight before! 😕

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 8, 2008, 08:58

Yeh very bizarre but its like that, when my friends knew I was a Christian, it was like I had just told them I had a terminal disease 😯 and yes it was with the girls that ended up straight and happy, the talk around town was that they were traitors. I dont understand that and yet I was once there myself thinking the same but cant remember why 😯 😆 maybe just running with the crowd 8)

I think it came from the fact that because we were so heavily hammered by Christians and heterosexual people, it was seen that you were swapping teams and now would do the same, which of course wasnt true, unless you were now a Christian and took on the anti-gay stance and also hammered gay people.

…………..Mom….Dad….. I have something to tell you………Im straight.

😆 😆 😆

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 8, 2008, 09:42

For those who dont know about the research. Bi-sexuality is much more prevelant in women than men.

Throw into the mix a healthy dose of feminism and when a percieved lesbian falls in love and marries a man then she is seen as a traitor to the cause…..which of course is no longer just about sexuality. it happened to a friend of mine as well.

I have a gay male friend who was married, left his wife for a man, they were togehter for 12 years then he met Angela and feel in love with her. He left his male partner and married Angela. they now have two children. Most of his male friends couldn’t deal with it and said it would only be a matter of time before he returned to the fold or ‘played up’. this has not been the case.

I too felt that it was hypocritical of the gay male friends to desert him. He wasn’t betraying anyone. He was being honest with himself.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 8, 2008, 09:59

It does boil down to that doesnt it, being honest with yourself firstly and then those closest to you. I guess we live in some ways in a world, thats so either you are this or you are that but their are so many in-betweens in reality.

orfeo

Joined in 2007
April 8, 2008, 12:58

Anyone seen the movie ‘Chasing Amy’? Has a fairly hilarious scene where all of Amy’s lesbian friends are eager to hear about her new hot date… until she finally drops the name, and it’s a MALE one.

Oh, um, yeah, that’s right, this wasn’t actually originally a thread about girls 😉

Hi Justin!

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.131 seconds.