Forums

Scottish Gay Christian - yes they do exist haha!

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
June 30, 2009, 01:13

Wow its been over a year since i posted my First Ever F2B post – quite surreal actually. A lot has happened. Some good, some bad, and some ugly (boy was HE a mistake!) lol

Was daydreaming yesterday and was contemplating what it would be like to meet myself three years ago – on the cusp of coming out and feeling petrified that my family would disown me! What would 22 year old Justin make of 25 year old Justin? Would he be impressed? Scared? Disappointed? Its all quite confusing really.

I feel more self-assured, and accepting of myself. I love being gay – and its taken many years for me to say that and ACTUALLY believe and feel it. I am in a successful, loving, monogamous relationship (something I was praying and striving for at the beginning of this very post all that time ago). He is the most amazing guy, who listens to my rants and opinions and truly loves me for who i am.

Is it possible that God has answered my prayers? My gay prayers?

I’ve come so far on this personal journey and changed into a completely different person. My morals have changed, but not lowered, which is something i remain proud of.

I wanted to post this update to just keep folk informed and if it helps anyone to read it and see the development in my journey then great.

Love and light,

Justin

xxxxx

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 30, 2009, 12:15

I love hearing stories like this Justin…….its such a journey……you sound like you are well on the way dont you.

Even from your original posts……..this one is much different.

what do you think has contributed to the shift.

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
June 30, 2009, 18:43

Ehmm quite a few factors really

1) Having a gay therapist

I describe him as my kitestring, the person who keeps me grounded when I’m all Up There and crazy and ranting. Just rounding off my sessions with him now, so I’ll be dealing on my own now

2) Being away from church

Not having any contact with Christians or religion has been great and truly beneficial. I am now practicing what I call “Core Christianity” – the core values and beliefs of Christians but not becoming involved in the judgement and politics of organised religion. I’ve lost ‘friends’ and I miss the fellowship sometimes but not enough to go back

3) My parents reaction

Having been convinced that I would be disowned and then the opposite happening was a big shock. Three years down the line, my parents have come very far, theyve met my boyfriend and he can now stay over in my room with me at the weekends. I am living a life that I never thought would be a possibility, never mind a reality.

Yeah I agree with you AVB, looking back over my previous F2B posts, I see a huge difference. In tone, composition and content really. Its nice to see the development.

If things keep going the way they’re going, who knows where I’ll be next year??? 🙂

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 2, 2009, 17:15

Far out Justin, howwwww far have you come 😀 this so brings a smile to my face, so so glad regarding your parents too.

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
July 5, 2009, 02:54

Yeah it is quite surreal really, I’m really proud of my parents and how far theyve come.

AVB’s advice on giving them the same amount of time to deal with it as I had, was really what made me have more patience for them, and its all paid off.

Thanks to everyone in F2B, you were a lifeline at times, and will remain to be the fellowship that I crave from other gay Christians.

Justin

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 6, 2009, 23:44

great to have you with us. ….and to be observers of your journey and play a little part in helping you to move forward.

murrayd

Joined in 2009
November 15, 2009, 23:12

To Another of Glaswegian stock.I am a Kiwi living In queensland Australia. My father came from Newton Mearns. I am sure you know of that place. Just keep in there God does love you. He knew you before you were made.I to am Gay And a couple of years ago I came to the place after many many years of guilt and being put down by the church and also rebellion. I accepted that Iesus died for Us all. Not our sexual orientation. He wanted just me as I am warts and all. Would love to keep in contact

Murray Downie

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
November 16, 2009, 02:35

Hi Murray

Yes I do know of Newton Mearns, its like 15 minutes from my flat. I live in East Kilbride.

I read your story, you have been on some journey!

I suppose if I was being honest, I would say I’m far from the Lord at the moment, I’m one of many gay people who have been hurt by The Church and Christians. It may just be a phase until I can get to a place of forgiveness and peace, but at the moment I’m happy being as far away from religion as possible.

It’s nice to finally talk to some other Scottish-born people on here hahaha.

Would be nice to keep in contact I agree

Justin

murrayd

Joined in 2009
November 16, 2009, 06:57

My Uncle came from East Kilbride and yes I know where that is.I lived in England for 10 years. I travelled up to Scotland and went to all my fathers auld haunts. I was the same way you are at present.The thing is God will never let you go.My email is [email protected] , If you would like a direct address to correspond. I will be praying for you

God Bless

Murray

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 17, 2009, 11:11

Hi Justin

I really enjoyed reading your story and all these posts.

It sounds like a miracle that your parents have come around like they have. That’s amazing. I’m so glad for you.

I lived in the UK for 6 years and knew many delightful Scottish people. I worked with a particularly funny gay Scottish man called Tosh who used to tell the story of going to the bakery/tea house with his Mum. She would ask for a sticky bun and a cup of tea and Tosh, as a small boy, rather than choosing lemonade (which is what the shop keeper expected him to want) would opt for tea also. This prompted his mother to say with great affection: “Oh he’s a queerie”. And Tosh as an adult would pause with dramatic effect at the end of this story before saying: “See even then – she knew !!” 😆

I like what you said about core Christian values. I think getting back to basics around anything is beneficial. I also laughed after reading about “downgrading” churches. I think after being in pente/evang churches where the music and ministries are so dynamic and well organised, going to a traditional church can feel like walking into the local bingo, only less exciting!! 😆

When in London, I used to belong to a group called Lesbian and Gay Christians. I didn’t go to any functions but still have a lovely pen friend who lives near York. If you need to expand social networks, I could give you her contact details. She may know people more local to you.

Otherwise, it’s great to have finally read your story. Stay in touch.

All the best,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.088 seconds.