Forums

interpreting dreams

Page:   1 2 3 4 5

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 30, 2008, 19:13

I understand with certain bands such as Led Zeppelin and such of course I am wary, even Metallica, I saw what it did to my nephew. But you kindve feel this icky feeling anyhow, its weird how that can happen.

Unfortunately people were looking everywhere and I mean everywhere for satanic things about 10-15yrs ago, they were once more obsessed with finding the devil than finding Jesus LOL thats the only thing I was refering to 😉 .

I definately believe that what you watch or listen to can be harmful with some people, same as some foods you eat but we all need to know what we are sensitive to and I believe in not offending my brother/sister in the Lord if they cant watch, eat or do something when they are with me. I try anyhow.

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
April 30, 2008, 19:21

Hmmmm this is a very interesting thread and it reminded me of something that happened to me a couple of years ago that I still haven’t resolved

It was during my second year teaching placement and I was working in an inner city school in a rough area of Glasgow. The school catered for gypsy traveller children and I had a few gypsy children in my class. One day I took the children out to the playground at the end of the day to meet their parents. One of the gypsy girls in my class dragged her grandmother over to meet me for some reason. The grandmother gasped, grabbed my hand and started mumbling something in what I was guessing Romanian. The girl in my class gasped, and said “She says you have a powerful gift of foresight”. I was getting very nervous, and just tried to laugh it off and politely excuse myself.

Now I have very realistic dreams and experience powerful deja vu, at least once a month. It started of being quite insignificant, but it escalated to me meeting new people in my dreams first, and then when I would meet them for the first time in The Real World, I would know their name before they even introduced themselves. Spooky or What? I don’t really know what to do with it, besides live with it I guess.

LOL if only I could meet a guy through it hahahaha

orfeo

Joined in 2007
April 30, 2008, 20:28

I confess to not being much of a dreamer. It happens in spasms occasionally, but overall it’s pretty infrequent.

Now, however… I’m just DYING to know what was wrong with Kermit the Frog!

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
April 30, 2008, 22:36

Unfortunately people were looking everywhere and I mean everywhere for satanic things about 10-15yrs ago, they were once more obsessed with finding the devil than finding Jesus LOL thats the only thing I was refering to 😉 .

Oh, of course, I didn’t mean to imply that all rock songs have backmasted, satanic messages (and the obsession some people had with finding them was quite ludicrous), I just thought Led Zepplin was a prime example of my spiritualist/superstitious nature.

And may I second Orfeo, Anthony, why was Kermit such an evil influence? 😀

oooooo

Joined in 2006
April 30, 2008, 22:44

well i have had dreams and visions (i see things happen hours before they happen in broad daylight), including conversations – knew exactly what the man would say to me, word for word, and i have seen devastating accidents (when first began to experience these and before i knew what to do) but now, for the most part i know what to do with such dreams

but there are others where i still am not sure what is going on and as i have said i have ohhhhhhh tooooooo frequently, they are not scary, or bitter but hmmmmm maybe i just need to keep on going with it, allow it to happen as it does (when you are asleep you have no real choice in the matter lol ) and see what transpires i guess.

but about kermit, well, that is far from my awareness, please enlighten us

Anthony – if you dare. LOL

but on a serious note, it is scary to look back on what i use to say/preach in my former, boxed christian views.

Hardly any of it had any solid foundation – man what must God have thought? Glad he is a forgiving and merciful God, but alas, we all grow, hopefully in a positive and forward motion.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 1, 2008, 00:09

I think some people are more aware…intuitive….pshyic….spiritual…..call it what you will…..its probably the same thing. We are all spirits having a human experience………just some have woken up.

I’ll tell you about Kermit later…..I’m tired and have an early start. My Connect group meets at 7.30am.

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
May 1, 2008, 02:21

I even had people convinced that Kermit the Frog was a part of a conspiracy to introduce children to the occult.

Yes Anthony, I am with everybody else here… You just HAVE to enlighten us!!!! LOL!!! 😆 😆 Did you preach against any of the other Muppets or was it just poor old Kermit. I bet Miss Piggy was furious with you! LOL!!! 😆 😆

On a more serious note, I totally understand what Mags and William were talking about with the whole not feeling right spiritually with certain songs or people or situations. I look at it this way. If you believe in the existance of God, and heaven, and angels, you also have to believe in the existance of satan, hell, and demons. There is a good and an evil. Just as much as God is working in his people, satan is doing just the same in his.

I know that “icky” feeling that washes over you spiritually. When you just know in your heart that something is not of God. Whether it be music, or a particular person, or a book, or something on TV.

A few months ago, Joe and I were eating in a restaruant when an old woman walked inside. You could not understand a single word she was saying, or should I say yelling. The sounds she was making were almost unhuman. The restaurant staff was in a frenzy trying to get her to leave. As soon as I layed eyes on her, my spirit just felt sick. Like there was something in that woman that was evil. It bugged me for hours afterwards. My boyfirend and eveyone in the restaurant tired to just dismiss her as just some crazy woman out of her mind. But there was something almost demonic about her and it was a big wake up call for me to be a little more spiritually alert.

You know what is so cool about being one of Gods kids though???? We have Jesus on our side, and he is more powerful than any demon or power of darkness. I have always felt in my heart that I am going to be a part of some kind of spiritual warefare at some point in my life. Maybe thats why Im a little more sensitive to things. I dont know. These are just my thoughts……

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 1, 2008, 08:04

Yes, what did poor Kermi do? 😯 😆 I think Fozzy bear was more suss!!!!!! j/k

Yeh ludicrous isnt the word William 😆 theres still some pretty strange stuff out there about the anti-christ, like the popes hat etc…. 🙄

Some people are more inclined that way for sure John in just being more spiritually sensitive, I guess its just the working of the body of Christ, the body has many parts and it all works together with whatever gifting we have, Paul goes into it more.

Jesus said that he sent the Holy Spirit to be with us so we wouldnt be alone, he gets forgotten so often 🙁 many times yes its my intuitiveness and maybe life experience together that can sus a situation or person but other times I do acknowledge that it was something outside of me and having the Holy Spirit I give full thanks to him for helping me and guiding me or showing me things, I cant be in that way that I owe everything to myself, I know that God is there and know where what I get comes from and who 😉 even if I miss it at times because Im only human 8)

Jayindieburg

Joined in 2008
May 1, 2008, 08:39

I have to admit that after I was fed up with “The Church” I studied a lot of metaphysical stuff. Dream Interpretation being one of them. I really feel as if dreams unlock things in the subconscious mind. I also believe God can speak to us in our dreams. A journal would be a good thing when it comes to dreams. I know mostly when I looked at dreams a psychological stand point was needed. But I do know that God is able to speak to us and show us marvelous things in our dreams, far more than we could ever imagine.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 1, 2008, 08:41

Amen Jay 😀 Thats a great idea to journal.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.072 seconds.