Forums

interpreting dreams

Page:   1 2 3 4 5

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 1, 2008, 20:16

this quote i love is no reflection on those who have shared about the dreams they have had and thier significance……..I just like the thought behind it.

My visions and dreams are in my spirit….my soul …..my heart. We get our life vision and purpose different ways.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. THOMAS EDWARD LAWRENCE (“LAWRENCE OF ARABIA”)

English soldier and author

(1888 – 1935)

ProdigalSon

Joined in 2008
May 2, 2008, 12:31

yeah i think a journal is a great way to if nothing else just get our subcontous out on paper in oredr to make order of it… i don’t try to interpret dreams however when i know enough about a person and their current situation… i can usually come to some sort of rationaliztion… like my boyfriend always tells me about his dreams… liek when he has really bad horrible dreams i’ll be like what were they about honey…. and he’ll explain them to me and usually i’ll be able to if nothing else give my impression of the whys these things are happening in his dreams… and they usually make some sort of sence… like i don’t try to look at the symbolism of the different elements in the dream… i’m like well honey this is going on in our lives right now and you have to understand that when your asleep this that and the other are going to try to work themselves out…. like a few weeks ago he had a dream that is was all strung out on these little green pills and he cought me doing them and i was like whatever… anyway… but it was hurtful to him and it scared him… i first comforted him saying that he has NOTHING to worry abotu and that he’s a long way away and he knows my history with drug use… he’s not here to “protect me” so he worries… he agreed… but furthermore… what this dream told me is that he really does care abut me and he doesn’t want anythign to happen to me and he feels helpless to protect me because of how far away i am… and i love him because he cares so much… it was cute… he wanted to protect me even in his dreams…

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
May 3, 2008, 07:17

……….yeah…….. 😳

Just so your not pill poppin any strange green pills! 😆 Cause Im gonna be home in three weeks, so you better be behaving yourself! 😛 😆 😆 😆

oooooo

Joined in 2006
May 11, 2008, 17:03

well i have been maintaining a ‘chilled’ approach, not worrying about the dreams/trying too hard to interpret them or anything and just see what happens

well this morning (early hours) i had a very dramatic dream – was in intercession for people, very powerful dream and woke up and was praying very loud in tongues. They are getting so intense now. I thought that side of my life was gone. Apparently not. Trouble is – i have divorced myself from church (for a few reasons – not just the gay deal)

So now what do i do?

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 11, 2008, 20:03

Tez, one thing I know is that you can divorce yourself from church but doesnt mean you are divorced from God (as yu prob. know anyhow 😉 ), if he wants to have this awesome r’ship with you in interceding for his people just go with it and work with him as you have been doing and I would suggest Dash and Petey from here as awesome Brissy contacts for you, always good to get support and they are wonderful 😀 or they can point you in the right direction. Intercession is an awesome ministry we can all have and it would seem that God loves your heart for his people and he is sharing with you his heart and concern for us, not to be a burden on you but to step in and just do what he feels is needed at the time…………hope this helps. 😳 It is a very humbling place to be. He loves us all so much and has so much he wants us to share along with him regarding helping each other.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
May 12, 2008, 08:14

yeh i know what you mean and thanks. My problem continues however, cos part of my divorce of church (was going to divorce God but could not) has seen me remove much doctrine once taught to me, that i had once accepted. Now, this ‘intercession’ stuff does not cross the line of what i have thrown out but it brings into question so much more, – what was right in the doctrine and what was wrong? How do i fit? with me not with church anymore, basically all i knew was a christian had to be apart of ‘church’. I am well aware prayer does not just work in church, in the past i have been given ‘dreams/visions’ etc where people have been in physical danger (before it happens) and consequently after i prayed till i did not feel the need to anymore, i would hear of ‘close calls’ but safety for those individuals (and i did not pray in church) So i am not talking about the prayer itself or anything. I guess i am referring more to where i sit overall. I have nowhere to belong to. I am a wandering gypsy. I get these dreams/visions, and that is fine and know what to do with them in one sense. But ……. I am probably making no sense at all. I will shutup now. LOL

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 12, 2008, 08:44

LOL………actually you are making sense but I cant find the word to explain it 😳

I came to the conclusion one day, that I belong to God and church is a place for me to meet on a community and corporate level for fellowship and worship and such (take the great teaching and shelve the odd ones), then I also belong within the body of Christ, same as all of us and I have a gift or call within that, that I can also take outside of that.

So my “Home” is God. As much as we are called to come together, thats all that is, just coming together and their are awesome things that happen at those times.

I think like with anything we as humans complicate things too much LOL If I want to know about intercession I read the Bible and talk to people who get things to the degree you do.

Re: doctrine, sometimes its way too complicated. God was always good at explaining things simply through Jesus, I guess its always good just to keep things simple and just go back to basics, anything that brings confusion I shy away from, I have never read that God ever confused his people. Anyhow, just my thoughts. 😉

oooooo

Joined in 2006
May 12, 2008, 21:32

yeh, i guess it is just apart of me doing a pile of unlearning and then relearning if you know what i mean.

have to admit tho, it does get a bit lonely here at times, particularly church/faith wise,

cos as people in churches around here find out about me i am no longer welcome

but i guess there are many in that boat on here

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 13, 2008, 08:46

Yep, this boat will hopefully dock at some stage I hope. 🙁 There are accepting people out there, just have to find them to fellowship with them but they are about and slowly coming into the open.

We just have to run with the torch and stand together, surely people will see one day that we still get everything any Christian gets and that God hasnt disowned us. 🙄

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
July 19, 2010, 22:13

I think some people are more aware…intuitive….pshyic….spiritual…..call it what you will…..its probably the same thing. We are all spirits having a human experience………just some have woken up.

I’ll tell you about Kermit later…..I’m tired and have an early start. My Connect group meets at 7.30am.

Yes Anthony, I believe you promised to enlighten us about Kermit The Frog :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

From my understanding, he was actually a reluctant leader who had a vision so compelling, he was able to impart that to the other Muppets that joined him along the journey …

That’s my recollection from the original movie anyway 🙂

Page:   1 2 3 4 5

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.08 seconds.