Forums

Scottish Gay Christian - yes they do exist haha!

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
April 13, 2008, 03:38

Thanks to both of you for your prompt replies

Yeah I do have a feeling that I am “downgrading” as well. I was brought up in an Evangelical church, went to a Charismatic/Pentecostal church in my teens and now tomorrow I’m going to a Church of Scotland, which I think will be very traditional – i don’t understand how they are going to be “gay-affirming” but I’m gonna go check it out and see.

I just miss church – it’s such a weird thing to say but I feel since coming out I’ve just immersed myself in gay culture, and yeah okay aspects of myself fit into that and its been great exploring that aspect of myself, but I feel my Christian side has sort of died and I don’t like that as it used to be such a huge component of my life, why should they remain separate entities??

Getting nervous now as the day draws to a close and Sunday draws nearer

Thanks for your support

Much Love

Justin

x

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
April 13, 2008, 04:17

I just miss church – it’s such a weird thing to say but I feel since coming out I’ve just immersed myself in gay culture, and yeah okay aspects of myself fit into that and its been great exploring that aspect of myself, but I feel my Christian side has sort of died and I don’t like that as it used to be such a huge component of my life, why should they remain separate entities??

OMG Justin!! I think we have the same brain!

That is EXACTLY how I felt. Your right, being gay and being a Christian shouldnt be two separate entities. One of the reasons I put off going back to church was because I didnt want to go to some Rainbow Flag waving, church of Oprah. Like “Lets all hold hands and sing Kumbuya!” I wanted something real, not just a church that was created for “the gay”!!!

I really think that something big is on the horizon. Our generation is so sick of “churchy religion”. I wish the churches that we grew up in would realize that maybe, just maybe they got it wrong about homosexuality. That choosing to love a man rather than a woman does not make me any less of a Christian than the rest of them. That I can still serve the Lord and be gay. I would love to be a part of a church where those walls of judgement and predjudice are torn down, and I can worship freely as the person that God made me to be.

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
April 13, 2008, 05:46

OMG! I think that you are the American version of me, and you have a Scottish twin over here hahahahaha its scary how alike we think

I felt that EXACT same way! I went to a ‘gay church’ in Edinburgh and okay yeah I had a nice time and it was great to meet other gay christians but it did have a weird vibe, and it was a bit ‘rainbow flag-gy’ which just isn’t me

I just want to go to a normal church where I can be me, worship my Lord and develop my relationship with him without people judging me? Is that too much to ask? I don’t think so!

Much Love

The Scottish Twin 😆 😆 😆

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
April 13, 2008, 07:07

HAHAHA!! Yeah, next thing you know you’ll be telling me your 25, 6’2 150lbs and play the piano… LOL!

😆 That is realy funny though. Almost everything you’ve written sounds like it came straight from my brain!

Ive acutally heard A LOT about Scotland. My exwife lived there for almost a year before we got married and made some really close friends. One of her best friends acutally flew out to Montana from Glasgow to be the maid of honor at our wedding.

Ive seen quite a few pictures. Really beautiful place.

Anyways, hope the church service goes well. Ill be praying for you 😉

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
April 13, 2008, 19:11

Hahahaha I’m 23 (24 in August), 6ft5 and 10 stone (140 pounds i think) and no i don’t play the piano, not really musical – although i do have a silver medal in salsa dancing so I do have some rhythm hahahahahaha

Yeah that’s me just heading out to the service just now, i have rainbow coloured butterflies in my stomach hahahahahahaha

Will post later and let you know how I got on

Much Love

Justin

x

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
April 14, 2008, 02:55

omg that is so cool! 😆 😆 Stones???? I have never heard anything like that before. So if something was like 10 pounds, 13 ounces would that be equal to like, 1 stone, 13 pebbles???? 😀 I love it!!! 😆 😆

6’5, 140lbs?? ROCK ON TALL SKINNY BROTHA MAN!!! Im actually 143 lbs. My goal is 150. Tall skinny guys have to stick together, its a tough world out there for us!! I mean, try finding a pair of designer jeans that are 30-34’s!!! AH!! The injustice!!! LOL!!! I do hear Europe caters to tall skinny guys though, is that true???

OMG I only wish I had body rhythm! Im such a white boy when it comes to dancing. I can play music all day long, but put me on a dance floor and about the only dance I can do is the Sprinkler and the Lawn mower…HAHA!! Oh, and the copy machine and the que tip. 😆 You’d be having a blast down here in ElSalvador if you can salsa dance. Thats all they do down here!!

Anywho, hope the church service went well.

TTYL!

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
April 14, 2008, 19:45

OMG I KNOW!!! Scotland isn’t any better when it comes to jeans, all shops seem to cater for small fat people which is SO annoying! If I can SOMEHOW manage to get the 34 leg length, the waist is FAR too big and I have to use a belt to keep them up hahahaha

I wish I had the discipline to learn an instrument but it my body that moves to music not my hands hahahahaha. Yeah been doing salsa for 3/4 years now, its awesome (that’s an American word right? Awesome 😆 ) Really amazing exercise as well!

Much Love

Tall Skinny Scottish Brother

hahahahaha

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
April 15, 2008, 01:11

……OH!! I feel your pain!! LOL!!! 😆 😆

If I can SOMEHOW manage to get the 34 leg length, the waist is FAR too big and I have to use a belt to keep them up hahahaha

Have you ever heard of Guess Jeans??? The rock hardcore!! You can get sizes like 29-34’s or 30-34’s and they are really cool jeans. Little pricey but not too bad, they average about 80 bucks.

Awesome??? People dont say that in Scottland??? LOL!! 😆

Have you seen the movie Juno?? So funny, and full of random slang. Hilarious! Like…… “What the french, toast??” … or “He is totally the cheese to my macaroni” …. 😆

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
April 15, 2008, 03:14

hahahahahahaha I LOVE JUNO! Was a kick ass film!

No we don’t say ‘awesome’ over here, it’s probably more likely to say “that was pure dead brilliant man!” hahahaha OR if you want to be truly traditional and Scottish you would say “that was richt braw” but not many people do that now

I am now away to look up those jeans! LOL

Justin

x

orfeo

Joined in 2007
April 15, 2008, 13:20

LOL, it’s so much fun watching the cross-cultural communication as a Scotsman and a Yank bond…

Especially because down here in Oz, we get exposed to both brands of language through TV and movies. Although admittedly we get more English stuff than Scottish, there’s still some of the latter around.

Um… I’m only 6 feet tall, but on the plus side I do play the piano. 😉

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.124 seconds.