Forums

Scottish Gay Christian - yes they do exist haha!

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
April 16, 2008, 00:09

Heck Yes fellow piano player!!! YAY! 😆

Im going to have to visit Austrailia now too. The navy goes down there quite often…. hmmm….. 😉 I bet the Outback Steak house is wayyy better. My favorite is the Alice Springs Chicken. Who is Alice Springs anyways?!!?

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
April 16, 2008, 05:27

LOL orfeo – yeah its been a freaky experience finding the American version of myself and there was me thinking I was something special as well hahahahahahahaha

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 16, 2008, 08:23

Alice Springs????? You ask John????? Well she was a legendary Kangaroo hunter who in the time of the chicken drought of the early outback Australia, hunted kangaroos and made a chicken dish out of them and in commemeration of such a spritely heroic woman they named the dish after her. There used to be a saying that went ” when Alice Springs into action, you better just get the hop out of here” 😉

………………I made that up 😆 😆 😆 😆

Its the major town of the Northern Territory where Ayres Rock is 😉

orfeo

Joined in 2007
April 16, 2008, 13:12

Heck Yes fellow piano player!!! YAY! 😆

Im going to have to visit Austrailia now too. The navy goes down there quite often…. hmmm….. 😉 I bet the Outback Steak house is wayyy better. My favorite is the Alice Springs Chicken. Who is Alice Springs anyways?!!?

LMAO, what makes you think we even have Outback Steak house?!?!

Just because they make it look Australian, doesn’t mean it is. A bit like the “Irish pubs” that Canberra seems to be a bit fond of.

Oh, and, yeah… there might have been some girl called Alice that they named the springs after, but no idea what her surname was.

EDIT: Well, what do you know, it’s Alice Todd. Found this on Wikipedia:

“The telegraph station was sited near what was thought to be a permanent waterhole in the normally dry Todd River and was optimistically named Alice Springs after the wife of the former Postmaster General of South Australia, Sir Charles Todd. The Todd River was named after Sir Charles himself.”

The Todd ‘River’ is famous for a ‘regatta’ that’s held every year in the dry riverbed, on foot. It kind of gets ruined if there’s been any rain and the river’s actually flowing – but this rarely happens.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 16, 2008, 13:50

what an interesting piece of history orfeo 😀 . There is actually a chain called “outback steakhouse” with a very famous bloomin onion and other yummy aussie stuff. 😉

orfeo

Joined in 2007
April 16, 2008, 17:06

what an interesting piece of history orfeo 😀 . There is actually a chain called “outback steakhouse” with a very famous bloomin onion and other yummy aussie stuff. 😉

What, here in Australia?

I’ve only ever seen ’em in OTHER countries! Went to one in Cardiff, I think… or some Australian-themed place. They had license plates on the wall and I was very pleased to see an ACT one included.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 16, 2008, 18:33

Yeh fair dinkum, there is one near the parklea markets in sydney, near my dad, its awesome 😀

Its great when the ACT doesnt get forgotten for a change hey 😉 I have a friend there and my cousin and his g/f. 8) I like it there personally.

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
April 17, 2008, 05:24

LMAO!!! @

Alice Springs????? You ask John????? Well she was a legendary Kangaroo hunter who in the time of the chicken drought of the early outback Australia, hunted kangaroos and made a chicken dish out of them and in commemeration of such a spritely heroic woman they named the dish after her. There used to be a saying that went ” when Alice Springs into action, you better just get the hop out of here”

I thought you were serious there for a second!!! I like this version better!! I think Im gonna stick with this story. Ill tell everybody about the great chicken drought in Austrailia, and the heroic Alice Springs!!!!! LOVE IT!!

Its genious!!! LOL!!! 😆 😆

Yes Orfeo, very interesting bit of information!! We have three Outback steakhouses in Oahu. People just cant get enough of that grilled shirmp on the barbie!!! mmmmmmm Thats my favorite appetizer there….

OOH! OOH! And my favorite drink is the Walaby Darned!!! mmmm SOOO GOOD!!!!

How bout it Justin? Is there an outback in Scottland????

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
April 17, 2008, 06:32

Nah no outback steakhouse in Scotland, the only Australian themed place we have is a bar/club/restuarant called Walkabout! I have had my birthday nites out there for three years now coz the djs are amazing and I can dance on a podium all nite – its great!

orfeo

Joined in 2007
April 17, 2008, 08:50

Nah no outback steakhouse in Scotland, the only Australian themed place we have is a bar/club/restuarant called Walkabout! I have had my birthday nites out there for three years now coz the djs are amazing and I can dance on a podium all nite – its great!

Ah, I think that was it! Walkabout is what I went to in Cardiff.

So, to recap: Walkabout in the UK, Outback Steakhouse in the USA (I saw one in California) with an alleged outpost in Parklea Markets. 😉

Actually… I went and looked at the website! There’s a grand total of TWO Outback Steakhouses here, both in Sydney. Whereas they look to be all over America. There’s about 25 of them in California alone.

And then there’s this:

“In addition to our restaurants in the United States, Outback Steakhouse also operates restaurants in 20 countries worldwide, including Australia, Bahamas, Beijing, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Guam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom and Venezuela.”

There’s 5 in the UK, so Australia isn’t doing too well.

They’re invading, and they’re using our own food to do it! AAARGH!! 😉

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.118 seconds.