Forums

17, closeted and otherwise exceedingly boring...

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 8, 2008, 09:52

hi William and others reading this.

Freedom 2 b[e] is a network. I do think you belong here. If people read through the target market doc you will find a place where you fit in I’m sure. I don’t think its so much about do we fit in here as how we conduct ourselves in our communication with each other.

People can come in with all sorts of agendas and their own ‘stuff’. That takes time to sort out. its a learning experience for us all isn’t it?

Personally William I’ve enjoyed your posts here. I sort of hope that you have also benefited. If so hang around and remain a part of the community. Most likely what you’ve learned will be of benefit to a newcomer.

BTW…..I think humility (as in an apology) is a wonderful character trait.

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
April 8, 2008, 17:17

Thanks Mags, John and Anthony. I decided that since I’m going to be coming out soon I might as well add an avatar to make myself a bit more personal. Not having a picture of oneself is perfectly fine, of course, but it’s nice to be able to associate a face with a name.

By the way, Anthony, I’m obviously not actually leaving any more (can’t get rid of me that easy 😉 ), but thanks for your kind words anyway. My decision back then was based around the idea that my beliefs and opinions tend to be divisive and that I’m not terribly good at holding my tongue, ergo, I would always be a proverbial thorn in this forum’s side. As Magsdee pointed out, though, experience is just as (if not more) important in life as other methods of learning – so I decied to stay and bit the bullet as much as I could.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
April 8, 2008, 17:40

Oh my gosh William you are totally cute! 😆 (what was that John once said about me coming across like a straight person? There just might be something in that 😉 ). But in all seriousness I had you pegged as an ‘intellectual type’ with glasses half way down your nose. That will teach me to employ sterotypes. Love the picture, I had to break my self-imposed vow of silence to say that.

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
April 8, 2008, 18:14

I’ve actually always thought reading glasses would suit me, Sandy, but unfortunately it was not to be – I have perfect vision 😆 . I can see why you’d think me to be the intellectual type though (and to some extent I am), my personal mannerisms and the way I speak are all much more…’dignified’…than I look in that photo 🙂 .

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 9, 2008, 21:02

yep nice to have a face instead of an avatar….glad you are hanging around…..I think we need each other.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 10, 2008, 07:38

Hey William, I received a great email that would be awesome to give Dad around report card time for you or as a kindve Entree to a coming out letter maybe??????????? Here Tis’ 8)

Dear Dad

A father passing by his son’s bedroom was astonished to see that his bedwas nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope,propped up prominently on the pillow that was addressed to ‘Dad. ‘With the worst premonition he opened the envelope with trembling hands andread the letter.

Dear Dad,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I’m writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with mom and you. I have been finding real passion with Stacy and she is so nice. ButI knew you would not approve of her because of all her piercings, andtatoos, and tight motorcycle clothes and the fact that she is much olderthan I am. But it’s not only the passion… Dad, she’s pregnant. Stacysaid that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods and hasa stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of havingmany more children.

Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn’t really hurtanyone. We’ll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with the otherpeople who live nearby for cocaine and ecstasy. In the meantime we willpray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Stacy can get better. Shedeserves it. Don’t worry Dad. I’m 15 and I know how to take care ofmyself. Someday I’m sure that we will be back to visit so that you canget to know your grandchildren.

Love, Your Son John

P. S. Dad, none of the above is true. I’m over at Tommy’s house. I just wantedto remind you that there are worse things in life than the report cardthat’s in my center desk drawer. I love you. Call me when it’s safe tocome home.

😉 😆

ProdigalSon

Joined in 2008
May 10, 2008, 12:05

BRILLIANT!!! 😆

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
May 10, 2008, 19:17

Haha! 😆 😆 Lol, that’s a good one. Not sure they’d fall for it though… 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 12, 2008, 11:21

LMAO!…..i have read that before some time ago….but it still did the trick.

i know what you’re up to William……you are trying to create the longest thread on the ‘telling our stories’ forum 😆 😆 😆

ProdigalSon

Joined in 2008
May 13, 2008, 07:33

And you know what??? he might just do it!!! 😆

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.111 seconds.