Forums

17, closeted and otherwise exceedingly boring...

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Sandy

Joined in 2007
March 2, 2008, 12:59

I’d almost forgotten the Mardi Gras was on. It’s one of the weird things about moving country, usually I can’t wait for it to be over so people will shut up about it and stop trying to convince me to attend. 😆

Of course not all gay relationships are essentially erotic, just like heterosexual relationships. In fact I know women esepically have relationships where they they don’t have sex at all. I mentioned the immorality of erotic behaviour because that is what the subject matter was, sex and celibacy. I didn’t mean to imply this was the only component to a gay relationship.

*shrugs* this is another one of those things I havn’t thought about much because it doesn’t apply to me. There are so many different Christian issues and the ones I study tend to be egocentric because I want to know how I should live as a Christian. For me sex is a component in a romantic relationship, the most important componenet? No way! But its there, I couldn’t love someone romantically and not feel compelled to physical expression. For other people sex isn’t such a big deal, they could take it or leave it. So is a gay couple who loves each other and lives together immoral if they don’t actually have sex or indulge in lust? I don’t know. It would help to look at why God implimented mariage between a man and a woman in the first place and why specifically God condemns homosexual erotic behaviour and see if there is a link. But as I said I really don’t know.

I guess I make the differentiation between homo-erotic behaviour and homosexuality clear because they are totally different things, one is a choice and one isn’t. Homosexuality in and of itself is not a sin, it is only when we promote, affirm or indulge it that it becomes sin. It’s one of my pet hates, when people say God condemns homosexuality, I usually reply with “well I’m screwed then aren’t I?” It’s just one of those things… most straight people don’t bother to state the difference its only when you have to live it out that it gets on your nerves.

Anyway good conversation… 😆

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 4, 2008, 14:14

Thanks for the reply to my post! Im just meeting everybody here. After reading your story I really think you should count yourself lucky. Your only 17? Wow. Thats so cool. To be that knowledgible about your sexuality and honestly face questions you still have with such an open mind. I can only imagine how different my life would be now if I had that kind of mind set 10 years ago. GOOD FOR YOU!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 4, 2008, 15:10

yes the more stories we have like this the more it shows things are changing.

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
March 4, 2008, 16:06

Thanks, John – if you don’t mind me calling you that. I do count myself very lucky to be where I am spiritually. But it does makes me think I’m either going to be a saint, or that at some stage I will fall from grace again – and neither of those are particularly good for my ego… 😀

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 5, 2008, 08:37

No problem William, I actually prefer John. Wow, my brain hurts, I just read all 5 pages of posts from your initial story. My brain is on information over load! From what Ive read, Ive noticed that you and Sandy have a lot in comon. I tend to lean more toward Kits point of view on certain issues. I suppose Im a liberal conservative…. 😕 If that makes any sense! LOL.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 5, 2008, 09:47

Hey John…….can I get you to put the above post on Sandy’s story please. http://www.freedom2b.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3059

it will keep young Williams story free of this discussion.

once you’ve cut and pasted then you can delete the post off williams.

thanks.

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
March 5, 2008, 16:08

Oooo…five pages of posts in one sitting – not a wise move… 🙂 Better than I’ve ever done, though.

I suppose Im a liberal conservative…

I guess that makes me a conservative liberal, then, doesn’t it? 🙂 Or would it be the other way around…? 😕

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 5, 2008, 16:15

HA!! I dont know. 😕 Kind of like the age old question, which came first? the chicken or the egg???? LOL!!! 😆

I suppose it would be if your more liberal then put liberal first and vice versa. After reading your posts I would say that yes, you are a conservative liberal!! LOL!! 😆

My brain is fried. I have been on this site for over 12 hours!!! I have got to give my brain a rest. I feel like a kid in a candy store though, I never read so many views that I can relate to all at once. Its AWSOME!!!

I hope I didnt upset Sandy though. It kind of got a little emotional over the whole gay marraige discussion…. 🙁

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
March 5, 2008, 16:49

Ahhh, but could having conservative as the noun and liberal as the adjective imply a conservative base…? Who knows…? 😀

Well, I can’t speak for Sandy, but I think she’ll be okay. 🙂 We non-conformists have tough outer shells… 😀

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 5, 2008, 17:06

HA!! I dont know…. you say tomato I say tomahto! LOL. I totaly had to misspell that to get it to work. Actually though, how do you say tomato?? Technically we both have different accents. hmmmm HA! 😆

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.105 seconds.