Forums

40 year old Lesbian - Out - Spiritually Broken

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 8, 2012, 10:40

Sorry you are not doing so well Princess Fiona 🙁 Keep logging into the forum, as you say not a time to isolate yourself especially if you are feeling lonely. Are you able to get away for a break and visit your mum and sister, you said you are close to both of them. Or any friends you can visit?

Sometimes it can feel like one step forward and 2 steps backs, just got to keep focusing forward. I think sometimes when we are sorting through things we can have a period where things seems to be worst and you wonder why bother but as you keep moving things gradually get better. Now is the time to draw on any support you have, do what ever helps you feel better, it's your time, it's a time to put you first.

Know that you have friends here, you have support here and people are praying for you, so hang in there 🙂

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
January 9, 2012, 10:15

Hi Mother Hen

Thank you for your kind words and comments, your always such a sweet lady. I will try and make an effort not to isolate myself more, I have had two of my boys around as one is still on holidays from work till this wednesday, the house is always full of his mates and its nothing to have 5, 20 years olds sitting in his room playing ps3 games 🙂 The youngest is still in school, so is on school holidays, so not possible to just take off to my mum's alone and nanna isnt fun at all for a teenager. Hopefully I can go see around April this year, if all works out. I'm not at all close to my sister, which a shame, she is accepting of who I am (as much as she can, has never said anything negative anyhow). As for friends well I think I said previously I lost all of them when I left church. I do have a friend in brisbane, who lives on other side of where my mum is. Since leaving church only contact outside of home was work colleges and now I'm not working that isnt there.

Your right in saying that you question why am I bothering with all this, as its making me worse and more miserble. Luckily dispite feeling how I do, I'm not a person that gives up easy, so will keep om keeping on. Kind of feeling like I'm wearing heavy boots right now (if you get what I mean).

I do have a plan for this year which focuses mostly on my spiritual life and health. Your right this time is the time to focus on me and look after myself. Just need to do those little things that make me feel much better. Would love to go for a walk on dust, and get fresh air, with health I can't so time to focus on what I can do. I did get some nice novels for Christmas, so once everyone is back to work I will enjoy peace n quiet for a few hours and enjoy a good book.

I appreciate the support I do get from the forum so much.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 9, 2012, 11:55

Hi Princess Fiona

Oh you poor thing! I feel for you – I really do. Do you have a counsellor or someone to vent to? And what about your doctor or any other supports?

I hope things pick up for you and soon.

Can you get to a f2b meeting when they're on? I can't recall if you've been or not.

Good on you for the efforts you're making despite feeling low and while everything is really difficult. Walking at dusk or reading a good book both sound like nice things to do. Would you go and have a massage or see a reflexologist? I like doing those things, especially when I feel low.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
January 9, 2012, 22:12

Hi Ann Maree

Thank you for you kind words and suggestions. I hope you also are doing well and that 2012 bring great things your way.

I do have a fantastic Christian GP who I've seen now for 13 years. He has had a difficult year in 2011 himself and is just starting to return to work a little more. Thats about all the support I have and I usually talk about medical stuff going on. I did speak to him for a while 10 days ago about things going on for me which was helpful.

I was very much a people person and my job also reflected at, I think what has happened is that my health issues have isolated me even more which is unfortunate in last few years. It was hard enough and painful losing all my church friends and going through the heartache of losing my identity to some point when I left church. I still have alot to work on there and walls need to come down in order for me to venture into a church scene again. Its amazing how you adapt with your circumstances though, the human mind and emotions are more relisient than we think.

I am hoping to attend a f2b meeting this year when they are on again, I will find it a little difficult to get there but will work out a way. Hopefully parking isnt too hard around that area or to far to walk for me in Sydney as I have no idea of the area at all. As for doing things to make me feel alot better a massage sounds lovely, would need to talk to massage therapist before hand as it would need to be a gentle one….will try and set aside some money for that this month. 🙂 good thing to work towards. I have been to someone who did reflexologly many year ago. found it beneficial too.

Today I got to chat to a friend online from overseas, who I have been friends with for 5 years now. Poor thing has had health issues herself and cancer has returned again 🙁 so she isnt online at all much so was a treat to catch up with her. We always manage to bring out the best in each other and she also is a gay christian, so was excited to find out I'm on a journey again. Its always nice to have a one special person you can totally open up to and be yourself with , laugh , cry etc with and who knows you so well so you cant hide anything nor would you want to. I am praying so much that her health improves and that Gods hand is on her life and heals her.

Thanks again for your support Ann Maree it is totally appreciated and much needed right now.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 10, 2012, 11:12

Hi Princess Fiona,

Sounds like you have been thinking about what things would make you feel better, good on you. We all have to fit in with our abilities, finances etc etc yours are a little trickier with your health issues, but I'm sure you are well aware of what you can and can't do and will find things that bring you pleasure. Going for a walk is always great for clearing the mind, even a short walk to a local park or somewhere else and just sitting outside with the fresh air.

You have mentioned you are finding it hard to be close to God. I am wondering that as you are reaching out to God the hurt of the past from church and friends is rising to the surface. The more you reach out to God the more the pain and hurt surfaces. If this is the case I believe it's because church and God are so intertwined as one, we think of God, we think of church. Think of church we think of God etc. Even though God and the church often do go hand in hand, not all people who have a belief in God and Jesus go to church for one reason or another. If you can manage to separate the two you might be able to reach out to God and leave the hurt and the past alone at this stage. Then you can deal with the hurt and pain associated with issues relating to the church in your own time, where you can feel you have control over how much pain comes out at a time. As I've said to you before, I was also very hurt from the church. I've met a lot of people who have also been hurt by the church, because of that they turn their backs on God. I was able to separate God from the church and realize a lot of the goings on in churches has nothing to do with God. God loves you and he certainly does not condone the hurt, pain and rejection you suffered at the hands of so called friends in the church. I do understand what you were saying about putting walls up, been guilty of that myself and I still do with people, I don't let people get too close. When you have suffered hurt from people who are supposed to care about you, it's hard to let other's close to you again. I also lost my so call friends when we left the church we were attending. Now I feel they were more acquaintances, or friends simply because you were there, like friends for the moment in time and place. Not true friends that stick by you through thick and thin, love and accept you for you, warts and all. I've come across very few of those kind of friends in my life. I have one very close friend we have been there for each other through thick and thin. I know she is a life long friend. I'm also very fortunate to have a wonderful husband who is my best friend. Sounds like your friend from overseas is one of those wonderful life long friends.

From what I have read on this forum, the stories, the responses people give I have found the people on this site to be the most accepting, supporting, kind loving people I have come across. You can tell from their postings they are very sincere you have friends here.

Sometimes we don't realize how much God has had his hand on us, guiding our steps, the people he moves into our path until we look back.God might of been answering your prayers before you even prayed them by bringing the people on this forum into your life, to help your through this difficult time in your life. Know I am here if you want to chat anytime.

Maybe you could contact Forestgrey about getting to a Sydney meeting, he might be able to help out.

Massage sounds good. The friend I told you about goes to massage every 2 weeks, just for 30mins. She believes very much that it helps her cope with the pain she also suffers. Like you the massage lady has to be very gentle on my friend, I've also had a massage with her and she is very nice. The lady who does the massage is close to your mum's area, when you do come up, I'll organize a massage for you with her.

God Bless

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
January 17, 2012, 11:05

Hi Mother Hen

My internet has not worked since my last posting on the morning of the 10th so just to let you know I wasnt in hiding on purpose :).

Not 100% sure why I'm struggling with my relationship with God. I am trying to make steps to get closer but yet feel so far away. I do think that the hurt from the past is part of it. So your right in being able to separate the two. Also if I'm 100% honest with myself I have to admit I have felt totally abandoned by God a little while before leaving the church…….circumstances were difficult for so long regarding my family and dispite crying out to Him for help for so long I felt I was on my own. I think this compounded the effect of how I was treated by the church. I did continue for a little while to walk with God after leaving the church and again found I was talking to a God that had left me. Now I know His word says that isnt possible that He loves me and doesnt leave me.

I know I have no right to be dissappointed with God for what He chooses to answer or how He chooses to answer my prayers……just has spent countless hours crying out to Him for change…..has been a hard road to travel and painful at times, wont go into to much of my family circumstances. Sure we all have our tough times, some more than others, makes you wonder why that is so , sometimes. Why good hearted people go through so much and others seem to go through life without to much hardship. Gods word says He wants abundance for my life and what I sow I will reap……just seems that it takes a long time to reap. I'm being finally totally honest of where I am at, not going to paint the usually happy christian face or say all the scriptures that make me sound good or full of faith! Reality is exactly that, where I am at and what I have been through in my life is a fact.

Yes God loves me, yes I want to walk with Him, yes its been tough. Guess He didnt promise good times all the time but some of the time would be good. Thing could be worse of course and I'm thankful there not! Something in my head, I keep tyring to work it all out and wonder if its a punishment of some sort………….distorted view hidden in there I think of God. Will need to work on these things as I want an authentic honest relationship with Him! Just has to work through alot of issues that I didnt know were there.

Hasnt had a massage yet, another rough week with health prevented that. Am hoping to soon get one.

Its my oldest sons 20th birthday today am cooking him a yummy meal and cake. Also am taking him out for dinner on thursday night with my other sons , so am looking forward to time with just my boys. He is such an affectionate young man, such a softie deep down like his mum, although to his mates he's not. A mum can see through all that and see who they really are and experience a closeness that friends can't. Am blessed to have him living back home in August of last year. He will have a few mates over tonight no doubt, so better make that a large cake. 🙂

Hugs to you

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
January 17, 2012, 11:14

Omgosh I just reread what I posted…..sorry If I come across as a victim, not at all what I want at all. Wow am such a annyaliser, comes from those Christian counselling days lol. I guess my title is fitting, as something that is spiritually broken takes time and only Gods healing hand can restore it.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 17, 2012, 11:42

Hi Princess Fionna

Quote from Princess _Fiona on January 17, 2012, 11:14 am

Omgosh I just reread what I posted…..sorry If I come across as a victim, not at all what I want at all. Wow am such a annyaliser, comes from those Christian counselling days lol. I guess my title is fitting, as something that is spiritually broken takes time and only Gods healing hand can restore it.

Not at all you come across as someone who is hurting and being totally honest with where you are at and how you are feeling. I admire and respect your honesty. I think it takes a lot of courage and strength to be honest with yourself and other's.

Yeah had kind of wondered where you got to 🙂

I'm being finally totally honest of where I am at, not going to paint the usually happy christian face or say all the scriptures that make me sound good or full of faith! Reality is exactly that, where I am at and what I have been through in my life is a fact.

This is being honest, if God knows everything he knew it anyway. The problem is so many people (at least in the churches I have attended and sounds the same for you) put on this happy face, look through life with rose coloured glasses. I think there are a lot of people who are hurt, sad, feel alone and abandon in churches but people put on the face and we don't know they are hurting. I don't think putting on the happy face is beneficial to anyone especially those who are hurting, people can't see they are hurting and give them the help they need. Of course not all people who put on a happy face have hidden hurt, trouble is we don't know which ones do. If everyone was as honest as you are being we would know. Being so honest and open, helps people to know what is the best way to help you

Also if I'm 100% honest with myself I have to admit I have felt totally abandoned by God a little while before leaving the church…….circumstances were difficult for so long regarding my family and dispite crying out to Him for help for so long I felt I was on my own. I think this compounded the effect of how I was treated by the church.

Without going into details I can relate and understand to your feelings more than you will ever know.

I don't have any magic words that will give you the answers you need, nice if I did. Sorting out your/our relationship with God can be a confusing one, and there is no quick or easy answers. In the past I have had plenty of times sitting on the floor in tears screaming out to God asking where the hell are you, then I would wait and see if the lightening bolt would hit me ha ha 🙂 I think being totally, completely honest is part of the process. Maybe don't stress over it, or push the issue, just get on with life, bit by bit, things will become clearer for you. Getting your health sorted has to be a first priority, bit hard to focus on something else when you are in physical pain.

Know that people at F2B care for you and are praying for you.

P.S That is fantastic that you are spending sometime with your boys. I know my family gives me strength as I'm sure yours does. Have a wonderful time tonight and on Thursday. Happy Birthday to your son 🙂

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
January 17, 2012, 16:29

Hi Mother Hen

Wow your sign on name on here so fits you, the more I get to know you the more it is obvious to me that your such an encourager, its such a wonderful gift from God working in your life. Infact in reading your comments you do bring God closer to me, as He is working through your words. Thank you so much for just being you and allowing God to use you in that way.

Comments like this are encouraging, as its hard to totally open up and have your life laid bare for all to read (to some point it makes me a little vunerable particularly when I do plan on attending a f2b meeting) . At the same time writing on this forum has brought so many truths into my mind as I am typing away something will come to me that I wasnt aware of before or I will read someones words and truth will hit me. Also as I have said everyones comments are always inspiring and touching. Its so nice to know I'm not alone and that people do understand.

Not at all you come across as someone who is hurting and being totally honest with where you are at and how you are feeling. I admire and respect your honesty. I think it takes a lot of courage and strength to be honest with yourself and other's.

This is being honest, if God knows everything he knew it anyway. The problem is so many people (at least in the churches I have attended and sounds the same for you) put on this happy face, look through life with rose coloured glasses. I think there are a lot of people who are hurt, sad, feel alone and abandon in churches but people put on the face and we don't know they are hurting. I don't think putting on the happy face is beneficial to anyone especially those who are hurting, people can't see they are hurting and give them the help they need. Of course not all people who put on a happy face have hidden hurt, trouble is we don't know which ones do. If everyone was as honest as you are being we would know. Being so honest and open, helps people to know what is the best way to help you.

I have thought a little more on this today and I think that there has to be a happy meduim so to speak of speaking faith and God's truth over your life as well as being honest about where you are at and also your past. Alot of the time, (particularly in Pentecostal churches as I have experienced) when a church member or fellow christian would acknowledge where they were at or speak of there hardships, there was always a majority who would come back with scriptures regarding faith passages etc and also some who would boldly tell that person who was hurting or believing God for something, that they lacked faith is why God hasnt answered or changed there circumstances. I know this to be true having worked in the Christian counselling circles myself and also just in general church life. I didnt hear Jesus say to anyone who was hurting, dont talk about it or you lack faith. In fact He would sit with the hurting and sick, yes there were many times in the Bible that people were healed due to there faith but also other times it was His love for the hurting and sick that casued Him to change a persons circumstances. I don't know how many times I claimed scriptures like Matt 17:14-23 over certain circumstances, I think that scripture has had so many sermons delivered on it, more so than most scriptures on faith. I know I didnt lack faith when coming before God or claiming something over my life or the life of my family. I say all this to provoke thought in whoever maybe reading this, that sometimes for whatever the reason good faith filled people do go though periods of hardship and sometimes long periods at that.

I don't have any magic words that will give you the answers you need, nice if I did. Sorting out your/our relationship with God can be a confusing one, and there is no quick or easy answers. In the past I have had plenty of times sitting on the floor in tears screaming out to God asking where the hell are you, then I would wait and see if the lightening bolt would hit me ha ha 🙂 I think being totally, completely honest is part of the process. Maybe don't stress over it, or push the issue, just get on with life, bit by bit, things will become clearer for you. Getting your health sorted has to be a first priority, bit hard to focus on something else when you are in physical pain.

This made me smile, glad no lightening bolt has hit you! 🙂 I do think that now I am aware of how I was feeling deep down, this will help me move a little more forward towards God. Not sure how God feels over my recent awareness, but as I had said before I do so desire a intimate relationship with Him and honesty is always essential in any intimate relationship. Sure He is the King of Kings and I do honour Him at the same time I want to be able to have an open honest relationship with Him. I also am aware that its the enemies ploy to stop me from having that relationship with God and working out my faith/sexuality. I'm not so stress over this new revelation of where I am at right now, I am as you said getting on with life and working towards my goals I have set for this year. Top of the list is my spiritual life and my health, followed by making new friends and finding the right church for me, all will happen this year for me. I am holding onto that belief! They happen in any order of course, just good to know I am focused on moving forward.

I'm off to decorate the sponge cake for my sons birthday, have a fantastic afternoon and night.

Hugs

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 17, 2012, 17:36

Hi Princess Fiona, Thankyou for your kind words of encouragement to me, encourages me to impute here and there and hope it helps other's.

Comments like this are encouraging, as its hard to totally open up and have your life laid bare for all to read (to some point it makes me a little vunerable particularly when I do plan on attending a f2b meeting) .

Amen sister, I can relate to you feeling vulnerable when you open up. This site does give anonymity by using a different sign in name and you don't have to say that you are that person when you meet any one at F2B. I can relate though about feeling vulnerable, I don't say things about myself or my past struggles lightly. I have to have a trust and faith that people aren't going to blab or as you have mentioned quote scriptures at you, etc etc. Been there done that. I could tell you some stories. Ha ha. I say about some issues, eg like being hurt in the church, so people know that I have some understanding of the struggles and pain people might be going through. That I really do have a deep empathy for people who are hurting. As people read your story and follow your journey it will be an encouragement to other's. It's amazing how much comfort it can bring to have someone who really understands. So even though you might feel vulnerable know it will resonate with other's on this forum. They will be encouraged by your strength and determination.

I say all this to provoke thought in whoever maybe reading this, that sometimes for whatever the reason good faith filled people do go though periods of hardship and sometimes long periods at that.

People need to hear things like this, so many have felt that they must be sinning if something goes wrong in their life. That God doesn't love them, doesn't agree with their sexuality, he is punishing them etc. The fact is bad things do happen to good people, just as much as good things happen to bad people. The church can make out that life is or should be a bed of roses if you are following God, if it's not it's you who is doing something wrong. We all know in our hearts this isn't true, and it needs to be spoken out so people really get it. Sometimes things just don't go the way we would like them too.

I didnt hear Jesus say to anyone who was hurting, dont talk about it or you lack faith. In fact He would sit with the hurting and sick, yes there were many times in the Bible that people were healed due to there faith but also other times it was His love for the hurting and sick that casued Him to change a persons circumstances.

I can't agree more. I think you really are moving forward and sorting through some of the things that have been said to you and realize that what was said and done was not the way Jesus would handle things. People can have good intentions but sometimes the things they say can make things worse and turn people away from the love of God and Jesus. I know at times you might not feel you are moving or getting closer to God but reading your last post, I have to say you are making baby steps towards him. It's ok if you have some bad days, that's when you get down and sit on the floor and scream and yell at God and let it all out. It's in those times when you can't cry any more and you just sit there in the silence that you will feel God's presence. (of course when no one else is around). People should not be afraid to pour out their feelings to God, he gave them to us, so there is nothing wrong with having them. This is the start of you being able to separate God from the church, the people that have said and done hurtful things to you in the past. Here you have acknowledge this is not how Jesus would do it.

You are doing great Princess Fiona, you are stronger than you think. You are a beautiful wonderful person who God loves.

Lots of blessing to you 🙂

P.S I don't know if you have read this post http://www.freedom2b.org/forums/?vasthtmlaction=viewtopic&t=1757, it's a bit about how God whispered something to me. It was in a time of great despair, one of those times I had been sitting on the floor crying out to God and in the silence afterwards he spoke to me. I hope it brings you some encouragement and hope.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.133 seconds.