Forums

Catholic M2IS Trangendered person 31

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

kinkly

Joined in 2008
August 24, 2008, 22:08

If there is any body out there who is willing to chat about anything i’ve mentioned please pm me or msn me or post here with ways 4 me to contct to you or if there are any questions just ask

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
August 25, 2008, 13:27

Hey Kinkly,

I just noticed I haven’t said welcome yet so:

WELCOME!!!!! 😀 😀

Can I just say that it is so great to have you hear with us. it takes lots of courage and strength to post on these forums and I believe that just by you being who you are that you are making a huge difference in many lives…

I am looking forward to hearing more of your story….I would say that I am quite ignorant on many of the things you have experienced and I am looking to find out more and educate myself….

But really,

We love having you here….Thanks… 😀 😀

hugs.

Ben

kinkly

Joined in 2008
August 25, 2008, 18:44

Hey Kinkly,

WELCOME!!!!! 😀 😀

Can I just say that it is so great to have you hear with us. it takes lots of courage and strength to post on these forums and I believe that just by you being who you are that you are making a huge difference in many lives…

I am looking forward to hearing more of your story….I would say that I am quite ignorant on many of the things you have experienced and I am looking to find out more and educate myself….

hugs.

Ben

My story is long large and confusing and has many different parts that are somewhat intertwined what would you like to hear about my medical/faith/gender journey/at now/issues or how any of these link

if i had the right words to fully explain all of this it would be as large as the harry potter series but less entertaining. ask and you shall receive I don’t know where to start

supercalamari

Joined in 2008
August 25, 2008, 18:53

Hey Kinkly,

WELCOME!!!!! 😀 😀

hugs.

Ben

My story is long large and confusing and has many different parts that are somewhat intertwined what would you like to hear about my medical/faith/gender journey/at now/issues or how any of these link

if i had the right words to fully explain all of this it would be as large as the harry potter series but less entertaining. ask and you shall receive I don’t know where to start

you’ll know what to talk about, when you feel right about talking about it, i’m fairly sure of that.

i know i don’t know you personally or anything, but i think we can all relate to some of your experiences. for me, it’s the catholicism. but anyways kinkly, i’m really happy that you’ve posted here.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
August 25, 2008, 20:09

Hi Kinkly I am interested in your medical journey, do you mind talking about that?

kinkly

Joined in 2008
August 26, 2008, 07:47

Hi Kinkly I am interested in your medical journey, do you mind talking about that?

Late ’92 (age 15) I was getting terable headaches so bad that they kept me awake at night and stoped me from thinking straight eventually I was diagnosed with a brain tumor that I probably had all my life it was the size of a golf ball. after a biopsy & maximum dose of radiotherapy I was told I probably wouldn’t Live out the year there would be no way I last longer then 3 during this thim my headaches just got worse & worse and was heavily medicated so much so that i dont remember much about my time between radiotheoripy(between christmass ’92 early feb ’93) and my 7th operation(Jan ’97). Early in all this time I realized that this must have been why I always felt different most of my friends couldn’t cope with my problems I eventualy found out about a group called canteen (teenage suport group for people living with cancer) I was accepted & encouraged but never fit in I verymuch enjoyed my time in canteen untill my 24th birthday when i was kicked out for being too old anyway about 6 months after my last op in 97 I developed epelipsy probably due to all the doctors “playing” in my head to get out the tumor I’ve been in & out of needing to use wheelchairs more times then i care to count mostly due to drugs knocking my ballance out of wack I’ve been seizure free for nealy a year and my tumor hasn’t changed in over ten years scans show tissue that may be leftover scar tissue or tumor and i’m relitively healthy I still suffer from problems asositated with treatment and I’m on the disability pension – probably for life although most disability services dont know what to do with me as Aquired Brain Injury is truely a hidden dissability I hope I’ve not board anyone with the short short version of my medical journey

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
August 26, 2008, 09:28

Not bored at all, I find this all very fascinating, their is so much mystery in many illness’s and many health and govt. professionals dont understand how you can look like you are well yet you have a very real medical problem going on even once they have investigated and found something, I get that with my MS sometimes.

You have had quite a journey health wise, how has that impacted your out look on life? also in all of this where/when did your journey begin with you feeling very different to everyone else as regards to your gender?

kinkly

Joined in 2008
August 26, 2008, 16:28

I have always been different I’ve always had more friends who were girls when ever I did anything that felt right at school I was picked on for being weird/freak. I never new why I was different.

I always new i was different constently picked on at school I changed schools end of grade 5 from a co-ed catholic primary school to an all boys cathlic school because I didn’t fit at my first school but it turned out to be the worst choice for me of which I was forced by all to be the man they were the worst 3 years of my life and I still feel uncomfortable when I see kids in that uniform. in grade 9 I went to a co-ed catholic school that was trying a few things with regard to deleviring the material in ways that would better suite the students we had tyo choose subjects & topics my chosen Drama class for first 1/2 of year I was 1 of 5 boys in a class of 20 and the only boy in second 1/2.

I’m not sure when I first told someone “you know how men are from mars & women are from Venus”.. wait for yes “well I’m from Pluto” this was a was I shared my feelings of being different most people just laughed. not realiseing I was deadly serious. I was diagnosed a few weeks before the end of year 9 and my most pressing issue was staying alive after a few months I found out about a group called Canteen – a suport group for teens with cancer while I kinda fit because of the medical stuff I was very different in my struggle to relate on normal issues every weeklong camp with canteen includes one night where we have a dress up I always wore a dress or skirt.

I also struggledwith my sexuality thinking I must have been Bi for a while

I was still a teen when I realised I was more of a lesbian then a strait guy

all of the gender issues took a back seat and after being kicked out of canteen I had almost no release, until about 9-10 months ago when my world changed and I had to work out what was going on leading me to my current identity

kinkly

Joined in 2008
August 26, 2008, 16:34

oops I answered your second question I’ll try your first later

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 26, 2008, 21:26

hey Kinkly….this was posted in another group i’m in and as you are in Brisbane thought you might be interested. It is the Catholic church I was trying to think of the name of.

Hi All,

this is a story those of you outside of QUeensland may have missed, the Catholic parish of St Mary’s of South Brisbane. St Mary’s is in danger of being judged no longer Catholic because of certain dangerous liturgical innovations, such as people gathering around the altar in a standing position during the eucharistic prayer, and the laity joining in parts of that prayer. Women take an active part in the celebrations, gay unions are blessed, gay parishoners and visitors are welcome to actively join in the liturgies. It appears that the Archbishop may have to tell the community to vacate the South Brisbane parish church.

St Mary’s has been a beacon for gay catholics in Brisbane for 20 years and is one of the few parishes within Queensland which actively welcomes gays into its community life, a parish community well known for its unconventional approaches, but one solidly in the Catholic tradition and a beacon of hope that we really can be inclusively “catholic” in communion with each other.

The links below are to the Courier Mail and the ABC Radio National Religion Report both which ran this story in the last week.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24214935-952,00.html

[url=http://www.abc.net.au/rn/religionreport/stories/2008/2340864.htm#transcript
]http://www.abc.net.au/rn/religionreport/stories/2008/2340864.htm#transcript

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.108 seconds.