Forums

17, closeted and otherwise exceedingly boring...

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Sandy

Joined in 2007
March 5, 2008, 17:18

LOL, I have never been labeled a non-conformist before William, usually I am told I conform too much! 😆 But I guess it depends on the company you keep doesn’t it?

I’m not offended, I was a little bit anoyed but since you never intended to be presuptious I’m over it. 😀 Just FYI comments of a personal nature dirrected towards someone like that should really be IM’ed. This is a public forum so anyone can read it not just the person you are posting in responce to. Also it prevents other people from feeling comfortable in joing the conversation if its all one-on-one.

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
March 5, 2008, 20:20

Actually you got it right, John:

TOM-AH-TOE

…to spell it out in bad phonetics. 😀

I use non-conformist in a fairly liberal sense, Sandy. 🙂 I suppose in this medium we are both pretty non-conformist and out-spoken. I know I am always considered such in real life, wherever I am… 😀

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 6, 2008, 02:47

Point very well taken Sandy! 😀

Ill do better next time, I promise…. 😉

So William, you call a tomato a tom-ah-to???? What about the word garage?? And is it the bathroom or the Loo??? How do you spell Loo anyways? Or is that just an English thing…. 😕 😀

YAY!! I love having friends from Austrailia!!! 😀

ProdigalSon

Joined in 2008
March 6, 2008, 12:16

Tomato Potato… Whatever! 😀

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
March 6, 2008, 12:58

We say tomahto but say potato and boot is the trunk of a car and a cardy is a cardigan 😀 and soooooooooo much moreeeeeeeee………..

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 6, 2008, 13:02

wait a minute, wait a minute.

So if I were to ask some one to get in the trunk of my car, I would say “hey can you get in the back of my potato, and see if the spare tire is inflated??” LOL!! I LOVE IT! 😆

Some how I believe I read that wrong….. 😆

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
March 6, 2008, 13:07

😆 😆 give me a minute 😆

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 7, 2008, 05:47

[deep inhalation, forces smile, thinks ‘don’t say anything about the defence force, don’t – say anything – about – the defence force’]

Hi William!

I was reading through some of the responses to my story. What is the defence force??? 😆 Im so confused!! 😯 LOL!! 😆 😆

Shantih Shantih Shantih

Joined in 2008
March 7, 2008, 07:38

Sorry, ‘the defence forces’ is the term commonly used in Australia to refer to all branches of the military. As I stated in my previous posts, I am a pacifist, and speaking bluntly, don’t have a high opinion of the military (sorry, that’s just the way it is). The sentence was a play on my tendency to get in trouble and start arguments wherever I go – I had recently offended Michele and Kit wasn’t too happy with me either, so it’s a go at myself, really. 🙂

Desperate4Truth

Joined in 2008
March 7, 2008, 11:49

oooh. Gotcha! Thats cool! Least I know what you were refering to! LOL! I keep on forgeting that its me thats the foreign guy on this web site, not the other way around! 😆 Denfense force, tom-ah-to, boot, yeah, I have a lot to learn. HA HA HA!! 😉

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.118 seconds.