Forums

40 year old Lesbian - Out - Spiritually Broken

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 18, 2011, 12:02

Quote from Princess _Fiona on December 15, 2011, 5:41 pm

Quote from avennbrown on December 15, 2011, 11:12 am

have your read my autobiography…..some of this is in there…..the new book will have more though.

Even thought the second edition has sold out…….There is an audio version of the original edition available on audible.com and also through Itunes.

A third edition is coming out but that might not be for another six months. If you get on my newsletter list then you will be notified of that.

Sign up here http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=7x9auubab&p=oi&m=1101277457148

Anthony Venn-Brown

LGBT Consultant and professional coach, working with gay, lesbian, bisexual clients and those questioning their sexual identity

Strategic Coming Out – Married & Gay – Faith Sexuality Conflict – Living Authentically – Life After the Closet

Hi Anthony

I know you were mainly speaking to sarab with the above, due to her questions previously.

I'm not an auditory learner unfortunately and it would drive me nuts to have to keep rewinding and listen over and over. I'm happy to wait for the third edition (yeah I'm on the list for newsletter). Out of curiosity how many copies were released with first and seond editions?

As much as I'd like to pay $130 for it on amazon (used I might add) I'm unable to as I'm on a disability pension. Has to laugh that 6 people are asking $130 plus for it, of course it sounds like such a helpful book (maybe thats why) lol, you should get royalities on there used sales Anthony lol. When are you planning on finishing the second book, any time frame or just going with the flow? All the best with it anyhow Anthony. 🙂

Hugs

Hi……I believe there were 5000 in the first run……couldn't actually get figures from the second edition but know it was smaller. In Australian terms that makes it a best seller. The figures people are selling it for on amazon.com are ridiculous…….but at one stage people were trying to resell for over $100,000. Of course there are no royalties for resale. BUMMER. imagine what they would be like. only major authors make money out of books. I worked out that the royalties I got meant I earned about 2 cents and hour for all the time that went into writing, researching, editing a promoting……but of course it was the catalyst for so many things including Freedom2b…..and the 1000's of people it has helped.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
December 19, 2011, 18:10

Hi Princes Fiona,

How's everything going your end?

You said your mum's in Brisbane are you coming up to see her at Christmas.

God Bless

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
December 19, 2011, 18:25

Quote from Mother Hen on December 19, 2011, 6:10 pm

Hi Princes Fiona,

How's everything going your end?

You said your mum's in Brisbane are you coming up to see her at Christmas.

Hi Mother Hen

I've had a rough time of late with my health, so am struggling. Watched a great youtube semon today from bayside city church, which impacted me.

Gave my partner today a list of books that I would like for Christmas, as she was asking for suggestions…….top of list was a new bible (as I gave all mine away years ago). Her face and reaction was interesting to that….I think I mentioned before or maybe not that she classes herself as an athiest, can make things a little tense at times. Funny though one of her favourite shows is Touched by An Angel and I got her the whole series for Christmas.

I wish I could see mum this Christmas but unfortunately not this year. Thank you for your sweet picture and inquring as to how I am, it means alot to know people do care as I'm fairly isolated. Wishing you a great holiday season full of blessings for you and your family.

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
December 19, 2011, 18:30

Hi……I believe there were 5000 in the first run……couldn't actually get figures from the second edition but know it was smaller. In Australian terms that makes it a best seller. The figures people are selling it for on amazon.com are ridiculous…….but at one stage people were trying to resell for over $100,000. Of course there are no royalties for resale. BUMMER. imagine what they would be like. only major authors make money out of books. I worked out that the royalties I got meant I earned about 2 cents and hour for all the time that went into writing, researching, editing a promoting……but of course it was the catalyst for so many things including Freedom2b…..and the 1000's of people it has helped.

Hi Anthony

Wow 5000 is alot for first edition, shows just how much a book like yours was needed and still is. As for 2 cents a minute well its shocking, but glad that you can see it was a catalyst for so many things. I'm looking forward to reading the 3rd edition next year.

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
December 25, 2011, 03:59

Merry Christmas To All

Yes I'm awake in the early hours again and on Christmas morning. (giggles at sarab)

I wanted to share a few things with you all, I am now reaching out to God and talking to Him. Its amazing how He has waited all these years and not given up on me. I'm still not sure what God thinks and feels about my sexuality, what I do know, is He loves me.

I'm coming to realise that I've spent so many years turning off my feelings (almost on automatic pilot) and not only in the area of my spiritual journey (although its all connected to the pain of the turning away Him). Funny how someone who is counsellor trained can become a master at survivial mode. I had no idea the magitude of just how my spiritual journey effected my whole life till now.

My prayer is that I will continue to seek Him and get answers to reconile my faith and sexuality. Also as I seek Him and He becomes larger in my life, I will allow Him to gently (hopefully) open my emotions up and bring down walls. As the only person I've allowed in is my partner but there too, I have work to do. I want to be more like Jesus and less like who I am now. I found this little verse I wanted to share.

Two things upon this changing earth

can neither change nor end;

the splendor of Christ's humble birth,

the love of friend for friend.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
December 25, 2011, 11:09

Merry Christmas Princes Fiona,

Wow you are doing so great, and in such a short time, you are going to be ok.

Hope you had a great Christmas dinner with your family earlier in the week.

Have a wonderful day today.

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
December 27, 2011, 03:52

Hi Mother Hen

I hope you had a special time with your children and husband on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, always nice to have family around you on special days. Christmas is kind of magical to me, not as in hocus pocus magic but a awe in the atmosphere as it brings hope, faith and love. It's no suprise as we were giving the greatest gift of love that day.

I did have a nice Christmas Day thank you for asking. It was just a struggle pain wise pushed through for 3 and a half hours then had to go home to rest. Was nice to get out for a while and see my partners family so was well worth it. Also went out today to see happy feet two with my partner, her daughter and mother for her daughters birthday, she was 32 today. 🙂 The Christmas dinner was nice on the 21st with 2 of my boys. Was annoyed and upset at my youngest as he didnt come home in time for it though. Hmmmmm teenagers are a struggle at times, just a tough age bracket with so many changes happening for them. Hmmmm infact life is always like that, full of challenages that shape who we are.

Not feeling so okay right now, but thank you for your words of encouragement. Have sent you a recent private message.

Hope you are enjoying some nice family time.

Lady Jane

Joined in 2009
December 27, 2011, 23:46

Good to hear that you had a nice Christmas, Princess Fiona. Sorry that your health is not so good. Hoping that it will improve next year. I am having Christmas and New Year in Sydney, with my children and grandchildren.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 2, 2012, 15:20

Hi Princes Fiona,

How was your New Year? Hope you are well.

Wishing you a wonderful 2012 filled with love, peace, happiness and good health.

God Bless

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
January 8, 2012, 01:02

Its been a little while since I was on here, so thought I would say hi to all. Hope you all are having a great New Year so far!

To be honest main reason why I haven't posted in a while is I'm having such a hard time right now…..I know its not a good time to even isolate myself more by not posting…..just am finding it so hard right now. God feels so far away, dispite my efforts to draw close, I know in my mind and understanding He is there and it doesn't depend on my feelings at all. Would be nice though to feel His loving arms as I could so do with being held right now.

I am still confused and am struggling with working things through, I'm way too much of a thinking person (wish I wasnt). I seem to make steps forwards and backwards, sometimes feels I'm going nowhere at all!!!!!! Loneliness makes things so much harder. Hates feeling like this to be honest I'm barely hanging there at times, its a real battle to tread water right now. Wants to say "stop the world I want to get off" no point has tired that one before and knows the world keeps spinning and days tick by despite my desire for a rest or relief from where I am at.

Sorry this posting is so negative, I'm usually such a positive person , just am so exhausted right now.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.111 seconds.