Forums

40 year old Lesbian - Out - Spiritually Broken

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

grebo5454

Joined in 2010
January 17, 2012, 19:26

Hi Princess_Fiona

Just love following your journey on here. You have come such a long way and are on the right track.

I don't know how to copy the quotes of others so they show grey….help. You and Mother Hen are so clever. I can't even find the smilie faces anymore either. lol

Love

Helen xxx

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 18, 2012, 08:41

Hi Helen,

To do a smiley face type a : and ) next to each other. The icons don't seem to be there at the moment. I don't know how to do some of the other icon's.

To do quotes, click on the quote on the top left on the post. you will see the word quote in square brackets at the start, and then right down the end of the post closing quotes, with the word quote in square brackets with / in with it. To just quote a section just delete the bits you don't want. To quote some more text copy and past the start and end quotes around the text you want to quote. Make sense.

God Bless

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
January 23, 2012, 10:55

Hi to all at F2b,

Hope you are all having a good start to 2012, this month is surely ticking by fast almost at the end already.

Its been a busy last week for me and am hoping that this weeks pace is a little less hetic.

Had a fairly traumatic weekend, I was sitting here this morning just running through the events of the last 48 hours and it dawned on me that it was God's hand on my family during this time. Things could of been so much worse and two of my boys were saved from being serverely hurt. This knowledge that God was there, I must says hasnt happened in so long and I welcomed knowing that God had watched over us. Am so thankful that He didnt abandon us during this time. So the tapes that play in my mind over and over saying things like "God has left me and has punished me, because I choose to live as a lesbian" are perhaps distored. Of course I wouldnt be on this site if I wasnt searching for answers, feeling lost and wanting to reconile my faith with my sexuality. Still here and still working on things.

Hugs

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
January 23, 2012, 22:45

Princess_Fiona – G'day!

Details for our first Sydney meeting for the year is up on the home page. You will be most welcome to slip in and join us. It's all low key. some people find coming to a meeting a challenge for the first 2 or 3 times, and we understand that. (We've been throught it too.) You can sit up the back and just observe if you so wish. If you want details re exactly where to go, local parking, public transport, etc., ask here or flick me a private message and I'll respond. God bless.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 29, 2012, 11:20

Hi Princes Fiona,

Just touching base with you to see how you are going. You are in my thoughts and prayers, hope everything is going well.

Are you able to get to a Sydney F2B meeting, good to be able to meet people face to face, one on next month. I will be down in March for the Mardi Gras and will be at the F2B meeting on the Friday night before. Be awesome if you could come to that meeting and we can meet. See how you go.

Thinking of you. 🙂 God Bless

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
January 31, 2012, 08:58

Hi forestgrey and Mother Hen

Thank you both for your encouragement to attend the first F2b Sydney Chapter meeting this coming Friday. I am planning on attending, a little nervous exciting energy starting to happen, as you can imagine. Thanks forestgrey for the response to my private message with more details about this, was most helpful. Am looking forward to hearing the guest speaker, his story sounds like it will be most interesting and also his experience in his area of work.

Has had a busy last couple of weeks, I seem to keep hitting the same wall in trying to sort through and reconcile my faith and sexuality, so am hoping that seeing for myself real people face to face at F2b meeting and hearing someones story will help me to start breaking down this wall. Has tended to get on with daily life and has left it for a while which annoys me that I am doing this and not making the time to work on things. Its hard to get close to God when your belief system is that your going to hell as a result of your sexuality.

I had an old friend phone me who lives in Queensland, in a desperate state a few nights ago, was most surprising to hear her in such a distressing way. She was crying out for help, for someone to listen and hear her pain, at same time was wanting to end it all. This I took very seriously of course. Reason why I am sharing this is that, she is a woman of faith and has always walked with God, something we have always shared. Amongst my own confused spiritual walk with God at moment, I was able to remind my friend of some things she has held onto for so long and also of Gods love through Me. I was honest with her though about where I am at spiritually in trying to reconilie my faith and sexuality, didnt have all the answers. Now days later and reflecting on that night and a conversation with her since then I can see how Its amazing how God can still use a broken vessel. Might not be as totally effective as a whole one, might leak and seep but nevertheless still useable to some point.

Hope your all doing well.

Hugs to all

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 31, 2012, 10:55

Good one Princes Fiona,

We have been to one F2B meeting in Sydney, we were a bit nervous about going too, we were a bit early so walked around outside up and down the streets. We felt a bit out of place, a heterosexual couple walking hand in hand down the street kind of stands out in that area 🙂 But in the meeting we were immediately made to feel welcome, people were warm and friendly. I know you will be made to feel just as welcome. I do think meeting people face to face will have a big impact on you. The names will become real people, real faces with real lives, real stories and testament that you can be LGBT and a Christian.

Let us know how you get on.

God Bless you are doing really great 🙂

sarab

Joined in 2011
February 4, 2012, 11:20

Hi Princess Fiona – how did you get on at the chapter meeting?

Hope all went well – was thinking of you.

Sarab

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
February 4, 2012, 13:45

Hi sarab, Mother Hen and all 🙂

I did get there last night sarab, was a good night, fantastic speaker in Paul Martin. Did miss the first 10 minutes due to traffic issues coming from so far but only missed announcements. Got alot out of hearing Pauls story and also meeting other F2bers face to face. I would of liked to had a chance to speak to Paul myself but noticed he was fairly busy man afterwards. May get a chance to catch him another time down the track.

Thanks to all for making me feel so welcome and also my partner afterwards. Has booked my tickets to see The Cure documentary today, my partner is nice enough to come along which amazes me. 🙂 I feel I would get alot out of attending further meetings. I am suffering a fair bit pain wise today from that walk down to after event (kind of thought that would happen) luckily it was down hill.

Once again thanks Forestgrey for all those messages and info regarding meeting.

Hugs

P.S Anthony your such a wonderful man for co-founding this site and being such a vocal voice out there in community and with church leaders etc. Was nice to meet you face to face, your as down to earth as I thought you would be. 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 4, 2012, 15:47

Hi Princess Fiona

Glad you enjoyed the meeting and good on you for going despite your pain. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.117 seconds.