Forums

Hillsong recent statement on Issues of Sexuality

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Penny

Joined in 2008
June 30, 2008, 10:03

Hey Anthony

Thanks for posting this here, i am putting the link to the CRAVE myspace too.

For many people who hide in non-inclusive churches, this must be a ray of hope for some compassionate change.

Pen 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 30, 2008, 12:27

thanks Penny…….I actually have an entire article on some of the changes in the hillsong/pentecostal world I wrote before i went overseas. I actually have held back publishing it…….maybe its time to talk more about this.

Andrew Jones

Joined in 2008
July 1, 2008, 12:46

Its a good start for Hillsong to be considering this topic with more heart.

I have been in dialogue with Pastor Bruce Hills from Garden City Church AOG and found it fantastic to date. We have only recently commenced a dialogue but Bruce is open to learn and look at Christian sexuality. His concern as a Pastor is balancing his biblical theology.

My take on this is that LOVE informs biblical authority and not the other way around. LOVE is an action that speaks volumes to all and sundry.

The AOG has a bunch of leaders (I have met most of them at some stage or another) that a very aware of the homosexuality topic in their congregations but feel constrained by traditional biblical beliefs yet compelled to offer a significantly better response than has been afforded to date.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 2, 2008, 09:19

Glad to hear the dialogue with Bruce is going along well. I have fond memories of him and his Dad when I used to preach in thier church. Bruce had a very sincere and genuine heart……and his Dad was also a good man.

I think you all might be interested in the article i’m preparing for my blog.

Craig_Maynard

Joined in 2007
July 5, 2008, 19:32

Hi, I made some editorial changes to my bit… I read it and I thought… this is not in line with my christian character… so I made so much changes to it to try and reflect more clearly what’s going in my headspace. When an infliction is impose on a person, its not only the wounds that fester, its the psychological factors, spiritual factors that needs to be taken into consideration. I’m so sorry for taking such a hardline on this matter… I just peeved me that a hetrosexual male wrote that and has no real understanding or depth of the despair we have been through. I want some conviction that will shake my world.

Sure it made us strong for the experience we have been through, for those of us are still working through it and there are others who have given up… I really should learn to take things with a grain of salt is just that when someone ask… is this right? My sense of justice kicks in and says “no, its not right” its all about “them” and “us” its not about inclusive and maintaining a dialogue… its about the majority having control over us and pigeon holing us into little boxes that we can not be trusted with other people or mens fellowship etc… it doesn’t correct their attitude towards us and the fact that they (sorry they are human you know) have made an eroneous mistake that its within all my heart of heart that they fix this up as much as they can before they pass over and face God’s judgement. It rends my heart when I feel awful they haven’t repented and said sorry… at the same time we learn to forgive them and move forward but their actions will be still in the book of life not yet corrected or fixed. There needs to be a wholesome healing on both sides and acceptance and accountability on both sides. No more lives should be put at risk because of a belief that has no basis on the word of God.

😳

4JC

Joined in 2007
July 15, 2008, 20:24

this happened with AOG/Hillsong bible college students a year ago……and continues to have influence.

Do you mean the Dvd that a few students made?

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 15, 2008, 23:13

this happened with AOG/Hillsong bible college students a year ago……and continues to have influence.

Do you mean the Dvd that a few students made?

thats right

annieb_33

Joined in 2008
July 17, 2008, 18:33

I was a part of this group but – as far as I know – the reason it stopped was because we were all pairing off. Regardless of the agenda behind this program, and its failure to ‘heal gayness’, it was still lovely to know that there were people out there who genuinally cared about the GLBT community. I’m hopeful that the attitude towards GLBT’s will continue to be an enlightened one. It’s good to see that Brian Houston is realising that being gay is not a demonic thing.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
July 17, 2008, 19:54

Welcome to Freedom2be Annie, its always wonderful to hear from someone new, esepically a woman since there are so few of us.

Please feel free to post your story in the relevant section or continue to respond to the threads here, I’m sure your contributions will be invaluable.

annieb_33

Joined in 2008
July 17, 2008, 19:58

Hello Sandy. Thank you for your welcome. I was thinking that I could put a post on the Pink Sofa so that more women know of this site’s existence.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.103 seconds.