Forums

How I have come to accept myself (and the journey just begins)

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 21, 2011, 01:16

That’s great news about your parents’ response to the film, Mr Summit. I hope that things continue to go well for you on this journey.

Blessings,

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 21, 2011, 11:00

Bravo for your folks

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 21, 2011, 12:13

Hi Mr Summit

Glad your parents found the dvd of ‘For the Bible Tells Me So’ useful. It’s so great that your parents have responded as they have. I’m so impressed with them. 🙂 🙂 🙂

It’s also good that you’ve received positive responses from your friends. People are interesting, aren’t they? Of the ones who haven’t said anything, I guess there could be any number of reasons for that, and most of them probably have little to do with you. Sometimes too with big news or major events, people just don’t know how to respond so don’t.

Good luck with the church and keep us posted.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
May 13, 2011, 17:41

Hello

I’m Mr Summit’s Mother. He has encouraged me to right on the forum as not many parents do and maybe down the track I will. But today I just want to thank everyone at F2B for their support of our son, it’s is so great there is a group like you offering support to people like our son and other’s.

Mr Summit is loved very much and there was never ever any chance he would not of been accepted by us. Sure we are still getting use to him being Gay but we love and accept him for who he is. I know parents turn their backs on their children when they find out they are gay, I know it happens I’m not naive, but as a mother I have trouble comprehending how any one could do that to their own child. Parents are supposed to love, support, be there when they are needed not be the cause of the child’s pain, they are supposed to love unconditionally. My heart goes out to all of you who have not had the love and support of your parents, that’s where F2B is so important.

That’s all for now, how about getting the F2B chapter up are running very soon in Brisbane, I know it’s on the drawing board.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 13, 2011, 18:18

@Mother Hen…….what a cute username…..I love it.

thanks so much for popping in and saying hi. I think I can speak on behalf of us all that it has been great getting to know Mr Summit and being a part of his wonderful journey. He is as much a blessing to us as we have been to him. You have every right to be proud parents.

I wonder if you would mind doing something further to help.

You may have seen our special section here for Heterosexual Family and Friends. http://www.freedom2b.org/16

I wonder if you would mind posting your story there. I have a reason for asking.

My hope is that when a Christian parent such as yourself discovers there child is gay….and that they are searching for some answers on the internet that they will find information that will help them respond appropriately. We have heard too many sad, terrible stories of rejection etc.

The more stories we have the more chance people will find us on Google.

Currently when you google coming out to christian parents ……Freedom 2 b[e] comes up top of the page. We will never be able to know exactly how many 100’s possibly 1,000’s of young people that has helped…..but it gives them some answers.

Your journey is being experienced by 1,000’s of christian parents…..it would be good to let them know they are not alone.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 13, 2011, 19:03

Hi Mother Hen

A big welcome to you!! Thanks so much for your support of Mr Summit. 🙂 He really is a fantastic person and a valued addition to our team here. You must be very proud. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 14, 2011, 10:08

We need more parents like you MotherHen, God bless you 🙂

RaulG

Joined in 2010
May 14, 2011, 10:43

Querida Mama,

You are truly a blessing and you are truly blessed. To be a mother who embraces her child and to be a mother so blessed with such a wonderful child, in turn.

You both are living breathing temples of the Holy Spirit, walking proof of God’s mercy and love upon this Earth.

God bless you both!

Yours in Christ,

Raul

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.184 seconds.