Forums

not out still confused 47

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
April 24, 2013, 12:12

Wow Sarab that is fantastic. It's great to get some more supportive family members around you. I'm sure your sister will be a great source of strength and encouragement for you.

You have an amazing way with words, you always put things so well. It so great to hear how well you are doing and to see how your journey has progressed so far. It's wonderful to see you make encouraging, supportive and wise words of wisdom to other's on this forum. You have come along way and are a true inspiration.

You go girl 🙂

ammi

Joined in 2011
April 24, 2013, 17:26

Hey sarab…

You continue to make astounding progress on your journey of self acceptance and identity. So glad your sister and her partner have been supportive and normalising.

Hugs that the black dog is hounding you…. trust you have good supports…

Take care, as winter sets in, and stay well.

ammi xx

sarab

Joined in 2011
October 25, 2013, 21:49

Hello all,

I have these days been dropping in just from time to time to f2be – to add a comment to someone's post, to share an event or article or to give an update as to what's been happening for me.

It's been just over two years that I first shared my story on f2be. Two years ago I tentatively wondered aloud here about the possibility I might be gay and wondering how in earth I could reconcile that with my faith. Two years ago that I even began to name aloud the awkward truth that I had never been intimate – never partnered with anyone. I know I am not alone in this – and I think warmly of Ammi and Miss Muppet.

So… here I am now – 2 years and perhaps one or two months on.

It's been an amazing journey of coming out to myself, of tentatively coming out to others, of finding the right supports, of questions, tears, challenges, of rejection from Christians, of leaving a church… and finding a new beautiful and affirming church community… of new friends… of coming out to family… of visiting "coming out groups", lesbian social groups… of coming out to best friends… to colleagues… of counselling… of major surgery in the middle of all this…

And so to now.

I dare to think that I may have met someone pretty special.

I entered the online dating world -not that long ago. Surprise surprise I met someone – we've just started dating and both of us are in the early stages of what feels pretty lovely. Not sure where it will go – but at this stage I am absolutely amazed and delighted. She's searingly intelligent, articulate, quirky, subversive, intuitive, perceptive and that's just for starters. I dare to think I may have just got very lucky. So for the time being, we are enjoying spending time together, sharing messages, phone calls and emails… and I'll keep you posted as to what evolves.

Feeling enormously blessed, privileged and thankful.

Sarab xx

ammi

Joined in 2011
October 26, 2013, 09:19

Oh Sarab — I am so very pleased for you!!! That is exciting and great news and she sounds wonderful…

Please let us know how things go.

cyberhugs and joy for you!

ammi

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
October 26, 2013, 18:58

Wow Sarab, that is fantastic news.

As always you amaze me with your courage. You so deserve to have someone special in your life. To love and to be loved.

Big hugs to you 🙂

sarab

Joined in 2011
October 28, 2013, 20:43

Thanks so much Ammi and Mother Hen. It would now seem that I am officially "seeing" this lovely quirky woman I have met. She is very unusual – but there you go – we seem to just "get" each other. I never thought I would be able to care for, be intimate with or have a partner – but I am confident – strange as it sounds so early on in the piece, that we will have a good red hot go at it 🙂

I truly am so thankful to all those at f2be who have continued to encourage and support me. Notably Ann Maree, Ammi and Mother Hen. Your support, wise words, encouragement has made it possible for me to get to the space I am in today.

I will keep you posted as to how things go.

Sarab xx

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 28, 2013, 22:38

Good for you Sarab. 🙂 It's been an absolute pleasure sharing your journey with you. Continue going at your own pace in this new relationship and honouring that.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

sarab

Joined in 2011
November 6, 2013, 18:02

Hi all,

yes – still seeing the woman I have met online. It's an interesting journey. I have had a couple of little wobbles in my own head as I deal with some of the potential challenges of us being together – she's non censoring and calls a spade a spade – I am more restrained and contained. She sometimes does not "read" the world in the same way others might – so it will take some gentle understanding at times on both our parts (and those around us) to get that right. I have also had to reframe my thinking a bit around what it means to "be in a relationship" – we haven't quite used the R word yet, but I guess we are heading in that direction. I feel a bit shy about being thought of by friends as being with someone – I think this would be the same even if it was a straight relationship. Having successfully skirted around intimacy my whole life, it feels like wearing a new pair of shoes at the moment – a little uncomfortable. She does present as being a bit unusual at times – but I see the person within – and so I am tentatively moving forward into whatever this may be. I hasten to add – I am not exactly mainstream sometimes myself! 🙂

She is a mixture of feisty independence and beautiful sensitivity. Despite difficulties at times with processing information and cues, she is also very intuitive and perceptive. We both love words and writing, we both like music, we can talk about all sorts of things – politics, human nature, work, music, ideas, beliefs, food, family….. We are also very attracted to each other.

So still early days – and whereas I have described myself to her as a "processor" – she would say ' "just jump in, there are no guarantees in life…but it may be worth the risk". I have a few friends to talk things through with to help me gain some clarity – but at this stage – I'm jumping in and it feels really lovely.

Sarab 🙂

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
November 8, 2013, 14:19

Hi Sarab, sounds lovely for you xo

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
November 8, 2013, 15:02

You have a beautiful way with words Sarab 🙂

Exciting times ahead mixed with some apprehension, which I think is very normal moving into a new relationship. All relationships have their challenges at times. We are all individuals and even though it sounds like you have lots in common and share similar interests. You also have many differences that will make your relationship exciting and wonderful.

It brings a smile to my face and warms my heart when I think back on the women who first posted on the F2B site. Wow you have come so far, I hope you can look back and see how far you have come, you should be so proud of yourself, I'm proud of you 🙂 You deserve to be loved and love someone special, to have that special person to share life precious moments with. I'm sending you a big hug 🙂

You are right, there are no guarantees in life, you can weigh up all the pros, cons, risks, rewards etc but at some point you need to act and as you are doing "jump right in" you go girl 🙂

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.163 seconds.