Forums

16, gay male, Pentecostal/Charismatic background

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RaulG

Joined in 2010
January 2, 2011, 11:04

Querido Bryan,

Isaiah 51:11 The ransomed of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

I am so overjoyed for you! You took a big, brave step in your journey and have even managed to enlighten others.

That group for gay students sounds like a wonderful idea (my old alma mater had one too), and I am glad that you have found so much support.

Congratulations!

Yours in Christ,

Raul

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
January 2, 2011, 11:22

Woohoo!! 😀 🙂 :bigsmile: 8) :crown:

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 2, 2011, 12:48

Hi Bryan

It’s great to hear from you as always. 🙂

I’m so glad things went well and you were able to be open with your dorm mates. It must be a good feeling to have that out of the way now. And the group sounds fabulous.

Keep up the good work!

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 2, 2011, 23:44

It was great to hear about the testimony night and how things have progressed since then, Bryan. That’s so wonderful! I hope that your support group is able to grow and help many who need somewhere to turn.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 4, 2011, 00:50

great to have those additional details…..gettingthere…….do you think you would ever change your username……hehe

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
May 26, 2011, 17:13

K, so it’s been a long time since I last posted! Let me summarize a few things that have happened.

-I have come out in the student newspaper.

-We have a support group for gay students at my university now.

-I have a whole whack of friends at Trinity who support me. Basically all of my friends support me.

-I have some exciting positions next year that I’m looking forward to!

-I came out to my young adult group leader, and I’m considering coming out to my church.

Those are just a few things that happened to me since I last posted.

But if you really want to follow me, I have a new blog called Rough Draft Life at roughdraftlife.tumblr.com, and I encourage you to check it out. That will be updated regularly, unlike this thread. I love F2b! You guys do great work and my life was definitely impacted by this ministry. 🙂 So thanks so much!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 28, 2011, 01:34

you forgot to put the link

http://roughdraftlife.tumblr.com/

we were there for you during some very critical years when you were isolated and alone on your journey. Now you have grown into a fine strong courageous young man who instead of receiving is giving and making a difference. How could I be anything but happy about that. I am sure you will never forget us or the early days of your journey and who was there for you. Onward young man.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 28, 2011, 14:28

Hi gettingthere

You’re an inspiration as always. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing where you’re at!

🙂 🙂 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Liz

Joined in 2011
May 31, 2011, 20:59

All I can say is that you are an incredibly brave person, I am awed at your courage! I remember being so terrified at that age, your story is very inspirational and amazing. Please keep being who you are, we need more younger people like you around!

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.148 seconds.