Forums

16, gay male, Pentecostal/Charismatic background

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Pentatropics

Joined in 2009
May 15, 2009, 19:22

Congratulations Bryan on your gay birthday and how wonderful you were in drag for it – lol.

Like you, I remember the day I came out to my parents. I was 17 and it was 17 years ago – 5 January 1992.

I pray in 17 years time you can look back as positively as I can on my relationship with my parents after coming out.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 16, 2009, 16:14

Happy Birthgay getting there.

that is two days before the international day against homophobia (May 16).

I came out several times and went back into the closet so its hard for me to pin point a day. I know for the last 17 years now I’ve been living openly, honestly and authentically as a gay man.

Days of reflection like that are good. I usually have a dinner by/with myself on my real birthday…..sort of a date with my boyfriend within…..we talk….reflect…celebrate…and plan the next 12 months.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 16, 2009, 16:42

Happy Gay B’day 😀 and many years of empty closets to come 😉

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
May 16, 2009, 16:43

There is an international day against homophobia? I didn’t know that. Cool. 🙂 Hehe, I never seriously thought of myself being my own boyfriend, but I have thought about Jesus being my boyfriend (or husband). I think it’s cool to see my relationship with Him that way, it adds a whole new dimension to it. 🙂 (And I would never plan my whole year 12 months in advance. The very thought of it disturbs me. Haha, planning like that just goes against my very nature. But if it helps you, that’s awesome of course. 🙂 )

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 27, 2009, 00:00

planning like that helps me achieve so much……instead of just drifting along seeing what might or might not happen.

Most of the things I’ve written down on those nights have happened…..even the outrageous things like speaking in a Pentecostal church and having a pentecostal church in Australia welcome gay and lesbian people.

more to come.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
May 27, 2009, 15:11

Days of reflection like that are good. I usually have a dinner by/with myself on my real birthday…..sort of a date with my boyfriend within…..we talk….reflect…celebrate…and plan the next 12 months.

😆 😆 😆

Sorry…I know that was meant to be poignant and not funny but I’m just imagining you sitting at the table celebrating with yourself.

“Would you like some more wine Anthony?”

“Why yes, thank you Anthony. I must say you look dashing tonight.”

“Oh thanks, I picked these clothes myself, just for you.”

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 27, 2009, 15:39

the most interesting part is ordering the wine.

I usually go for house wine…..but when I’m on my date with my boyfriend within……he usually says…..go on Anthony…..you deserve something special….order a glass of the nice Chardonnay you like.

I say thank you darling……I think I will 😳

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
May 27, 2009, 15:51

For those of you who are a bit bemused … the boyfriend within is a concept developed in a book called Finding The Boyfriend Within by Brad Gooch. An excellent guide for us single gay folk who desire self-discovery and self-understanding 8)

Sandy

Joined in 2007
May 27, 2009, 18:32

Thanks for that gettingthere… Good to know its a valid concept and not just a product of Anthony’s vivid imagination. 😆 😆 I guess it would make more sense to me if I read the book, but then if it is aimed at gay men…maybe I’d still be lost, only a book dirrected at gay men would advocate calling yourself darling. 😉

I think I can pick up the general concepts. Like ooking after your own needs the way a boyfriend would…well not those needs…damn sometimes I just shouldn’t open my mouth. 🙄 Emotionally I mean… 😆 😆 Like allowing yourself some fancy wine.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 27, 2009, 20:26

Yes “MOBILEGUY” made a good book reference 😛 😆 😆

Shhhhhhh dont give single girl secrets away 😯 😯 No ones supposed to know we drink…..wine!! 🙄

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.203 seconds.