Forums

Confused, 49 year old...

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ammi

Joined in 2011
November 6, 2011, 17:20

Ammi,

It is a journey and God is sooo for you and loves you right where u are at the moment even though it is so confusing right now it will all make sense eventually.

Freeme

Thanks freeme for reminding me that this is a journey and has many twists and turns… I am on the East Coast… and I certainly do need lots of reminders that God cares for me…

Thanks for your comment…

ammi

ammi

Joined in 2011
November 6, 2011, 17:27

Hi again Ammi,

I have sat down over the last day or so and read your story and posts from beginning to end – along with the comments from others on the site. There are certainly a lot of your questions and issues that resonate with me.

As for your beautiful comment about “the deep blue translucent ball of possible hope suspended in [your] gut” – well Ammi – I took a deep breath as I read that. Such a beautiful, gentle yet powerful image – and so very important to hold on to. My prayer for you will be that you can indeed hold onto that translucent ball…and that it may indeed grow bigger and brighter. 🙂

And so thank you to you Ammi for continuing to share your story – there must be zillions of ammis and sarabs out there!!

please know that you are in my prayers. Hang in there!!

Sarab 🙂

Hey Sarab… I am really touched and moved that you took the time to read this entire thread, and to comment so sensitively and beautifully on those parts of the story and comments that touched you… Thank you so much for reminding me of the deep blue translucent ball of possible hope suspended in my gut… It all the turmoil of various dramas over recent weeks, I have forgotten that place, or that it was even there.

I am feeling really lonely and sad today, just now, as the mid 20 year old son of one of my best friend’s was killed in a pedestrian accident over the weekend – something like that has a tendency to put other things into some sort of perspective…

courage for all who come here!

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
December 3, 2011, 17:47

Hi Ammi

Thank you for sharing your story, its always good to know your not alone and this site is such an encouragment to so many (can already tell that in 1 week).

You have been given some great encouragement so far and I just want to add my encouragement too. I know I'm at a totally different place, but I so do remember feeling some of the similiar things you have posted in the past and again now as I am trying to work out my spiritual journey.

Keep moving forward Ammi, baby steps are fine and in time when you and I look back on our journey's, we will be powering forward. Wishing you much happiness and peace today.

Hugs

ammi

Joined in 2011
December 4, 2011, 07:46

Thanks so mucy Princess Fiona for your encouragement… it comes at a much needed time. There are a lot of confusing things in my life just at the moment….

Take care

ammi

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
December 4, 2011, 10:43

Quote from ammi on December 4, 2011, 7:46 am

Thanks so mucy Princess Fiona for your encouragement… it comes at a much needed time. There are a lot of confusing things in my life just at the moment….

Take care

ammi

Hi Ammi

So sorry to hear that there is alot of confusing things happening in your life right now. Glad to hear though , that my encouragement comes at a time when you need it (made me smile to know that my timing was right, at the same time a sadness that your struggling).

Knows this might sound strange, but I'm a picture person and sometimes I see things in that form. When I read your message I saw a camel, laden down with things on its back and then I was reminded of the saying "the straw that broke the camels back". Don't let those things pile up, shake off what you don't need to focus on in your life.

I know at times its so hard to do, daily life on its own without sexuality issues/spiritual journey can be hard enough to handle at times. What has helped me in the past, during times when its hard on many levels is surprisingly a little scene out of the movie My best friends Wedding. Not sure if you know of the movie or not…..theres a scene where Julia Roberts is sitting in the hallway of a motel, feeling confused, lost, heart broken etc and along comes a Motel burser….they converse….he feels for her and tells her some wise words that where spoken to him….."This too shall pass"

Those 4 little words powerful hit me at a time I needed them many years ago and they keep coming back to me to help me through difficult times. It also reminds me that there is a season for everything,…….luckily seasons dont last forever!!!!! So I share those 4 little powerful words with you and the hope that they will help you as much as they have me.

Enjoy your day

Hugs

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 4, 2011, 13:53

Hi Princess_Fiona

Thanks for those very wise words. I too find that saying "This too will pass" is helpful for keeping things in perspective.

Glad to have you here at f2b!

Blessings,

Ann Maree

ammi

Joined in 2011
December 4, 2011, 15:44

Thanks again, Princess Fiona, and Ann Marie…

Yes… these too will pass… but over the past 6 months or so, something else just comes along…

Thanks for your thoughts.

ammi

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
December 15, 2011, 21:03

Hi Ammi

Just wanted you to know your in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that things are improving for you, it sounds like you have had alot going on of late and I'm sorry to hear that. Life surely throws us alot of curve balls at times. It can get trying and make you tired, having to duck each one of those balls, especially when there's a onslaught of them.

Just to share a little with you (hard for me to open up about this, as for so long I felt like a failure for struggling). Sometimes I've found myself in the past saying "stop I want to get off", of course the world didn't stop for me, but when I reach that point I know I'm in dangerous waters. I say dangerous waters, as I too have suffered with mental health issues from an early age and have had to do alot of work on myself in order to survive and cope, together with modern medication at times. Won't go into too much of that now, just will say that alot of it for me had to do with my sexuality. Thankfully the past 7 years in particularly have been so much better and freeing for me. I still need to be mindful of where I am at emotionally. I have a few challenages in my life (some I can share, some I can't) raising a special needs child and my health are major ones for me. These stressors can push me to my limits at times, thankfully during those times when I am in dangerous waters, I don't drown but somehow manage to tread water (tying as that is). I have learnt to be content with where I am at, that too has helped with accepting what comes my way. Thats not to say that, its not hard at times, and its doesn't mean I don't look forward to things improving or changing. Today was one of those hard days, when my health issues got the better of me and I was in tears due to not coping with the pain.

I'm sharing all this in the hope that you may read this and somehow it may just help or encourage you in some small way. I want to say I'm sorry if my sharing "this too will pass" in a previous posting came across as swallow and non empathic, that is last thing I wanted to do. As I said in another posting, text can sometimes get misinterpreated as we can't hear someones voice or know them personally in a forum situation.

Wishing you a wonderful night and a great rest of the week.

ammi

Joined in 2011
December 15, 2011, 21:29

Hey, Princess Fiona.. thank you so much for sharing some more of your story on this thread – and thankyou especially for the encouraging words… very timely tonight! No, your 'this too will pass' I didn't take as trite… it is a phrase that one of my best friends uses with me quite a lot – sometimes it helps me get through to the next day… I don't really know what 'passing means' as the next day often isn't a whole lot of fun either… but I'm still here, and there are some good moments.

I am really pleased to read that you have learned to be mostly content… that is one of the goals of my life…. I don't seek to be happy, but if I can learn to be content at least some of the time… that would be a huge bonus. As I have said earlier in the thread, the mental health issues have caused me to have the sexuality questions on the back burner for most of my life … and in some ways that remains the case sometimes…

There has been a lot of things going on in the lives of those who make up my support and friendship structures in recent weeks… so it is 'just a day at a time' at the moment.

Thanks for your thoughts and the lovely hug…

ammi

Princess _Fiona

Joined in 2011
February 7, 2012, 17:18

Hi Ammi

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and wondering how your going. Hope that 2012 is turning out to be a good year for you. You mentioned your friends and support people around you had been going through tough times themselves, always hard to see people we care for going through that. Also gives us a chance to show our love and support for them during there diffcult times, as much as we would rather they not go through them at all. Friendship is such a blessing and a gift, its during the tough times we truely see the truth in that.

To some point I understand that your mental health issues can prevent you journeying forward and put a stop to things. Each person is different and a person who's sexual orientation isnt straight do quite often have mental health issues as a result of there struggles. In saying that it can be totally unrelated and add to the diffcult time in sorting through things. Main thing is you know what you are like as a person and how much you can cope with (noone knows you better than yourself). Putting things on hold for a while to care for your health isnt a bad thing and doesnt take away from the work you have done at all.

Know there are people on here who do care and are here whenever your wanting to talk.

Hugs

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.096 seconds.