Forums

just a couple of questions (is it really all a lie?)

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Brunski

Joined in 2005
September 10, 2011, 16:38

Hi All,

Im sorry I have not replied to any of your post’s lately, my Internet connection has been down for just over a week and is still down |( Hopefully, all will be resolved by next week, God willing! And when my Internet is back up and running, I will reply and post a few more comments. I am in an Internet Cafe at the moment and am feeling a little uncomfortable accessing this site here lol yeah, yeah, I know I shouldn’t be ashamed or feel uncomfortable, but I just do.

Still having troubles with certain issues … to make matter more complicated my current “partner” has asked whether I could sponsor him, he isn’t a permanent resident and his Bridging visa expires early next year … anyway, I have no idea what I will do, I would love to sponsor him, but am not sure if I am in a position to do so and besides, I have absolutely no idea what the process involves and I suspect if I was to sponsor him on the basis of our relationship and “undying love” then I would probably need to provide evidence of that relationship and if I’m not mistaken, I think we would need to have lived together for at least 12 months!

Can anyone offer and words of wisdom? Does anyone know of any free legal services other then legal aid where I could get some info about sponsorship and so on … ?

Anyway, on that note, I shall say good bye for now. Hope to be able to come back online soon.

God bless all

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
September 11, 2011, 13:41

Hi Brunski……there is amazing support for gay couples where one partner is from overseas and has been operating for many years. its call the Gay and Lesbian Immigration Task Force.

It is quite a process though to go through in order for the couple to prove there are genuinely in love and have and will have a long term relationship. It is a lot of work….and a lot of pressure.

Considering the concerns that you have and the issues you are working through I dont think you need that additional pressures ATM. I think your attention should be on working through those things and coming to a place where you feel comfortable with yourself and the relationship is strong. Without a resolution of the inner things……your relationship with be undermined.

Brunski

Joined in 2005
September 13, 2011, 14:00

Hi Anthony,

yes I know it can be a long process, I have met some couples who have waited up to 3 years and need to go through a long, hard and stressful process to prove their relationship was legit.

Well in my case, its a bit difference, I would have no hope in proving my relationship is legit or rather, proving that we are living together, because we are not and really I have only been seeing my bf for a few months. So I am not really looking at a same-sex visa application … just wondering if there is anything I can do to help my friend stay in Australia. He is currently here on a bridging visa so its not so much a matter of getting a visa to enter into Aust its a matter of finding someway to allow him to stay here, so we can keep seeing each other and work on building a relationship …

Anyway, I agree that there are still issues that I need to work through … I will try contacting legal aid or something and see if I cant speak to someone and see what my options are.

Oh I finally got my Internet connection up and running again! hence my late reply …

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
September 13, 2011, 14:55

yes I believe you have to prove you have been in a relationship for at least 12 months. he would need a good immigration lawyer who would be able to advise him of all the conditions…….he could try the G&L Immigration Task for first though…….I know one…and he is gay. if interested then email me.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
October 10, 2011, 20:43

Hi Brunski,

Haven’t seen you on the forum lately, just dropping you a line to let you know I’m thinking of you are praying for you. Hope all is well. 😀

God Bless

Brunski

Joined in 2005
October 11, 2011, 09:46

Thanks Mother Hen, its nice to know that you are thinking of and praying for me. I really appreciate it!

Its been a tough few days/week health wise, I had a few more seizures (I have epilepsy, don’t recal if I mentioned that) and spent a couple of days in hospital. But all is good now, just hoping it stays that way, bloody epilepsy really pisses me of sometimes J) oops, good Christians don’t talk like that :~

Still trying to work things out and still trying to see if I can and if I really want to sponsor my partner … (not sure if I mention the whole “Mills and Boons” partner/sponsorship saga). Geeze life gets complicated sometimes :~

Anyway … hope you are well and hope you have a splendid week 🙂

Oh also been staying over my parents place these last few days and though they have Internet access, I dont tend to visit any “gay orientated” sites while there :p

God bless,

Brunski

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
October 11, 2011, 10:44

Thanks Brunski for reply it’s nice to know you are ok. 😀

Life can be a struggle but as they say the tough keep going.

Re the sponsorship of your partner, it’s a tough one, I think you have to keep in mind what is best for you, whatever you do it’s got to because that’s what you want to do, don’t be forced into anything.

Hope the next few weeks are heaps better for you and no more seizures.

Have a good week too.

Brunski

Joined in 2005
October 11, 2011, 22:00

Your welcome Mother Hen,

yes life can be or rather, is a struggle, but your right, the tough keep going and I’ve been through my fair share of struggle and God has always got me through them even if, at times I wish he would “hurry up” lol

I hope so too, seeing my Neurologist tomorrow, Im sure he wont say anything new, just the usual, “had any seizures?” “Yes” “your medication levels are low, lets increase them too … ” its so predictable!

I hope you have a good week as well and so too, everyone here in this forum.

Oh by the way, I came out to one of my Church friends, she told me that she suspected that I was gay and of course, she believes homosexuality is a sin and “goes back to God original plan for mankind” but, “we shouldn’t judge others, even though I often do” -she is no longer part of my church, so it was kind of “safe” to come out to her lol

About my partner sponsorship well, I do want to sponsor him (at least I think I do) but sadly, there is still that niggling fear in the back of my head, wondering whether he is just using me and if or when he gets residency, he will simply disappear or our relationship will go down hill from there. Of course the other problem is that I am not out and I guess still “coming to terms” with my sexuality and he is not a Christian. Obviously, he wants to stay here, he says he wants to spend the rest of his life with me … he is a lot younger then I which also makes me question his motives, but I guess age shouldn’t come into it. I just know and have met so many gay men who enter a relationship with younger and often Asian guys, only to find that once they gain permanent residency, they simply back their bags and move on … Anyway, time will tell. One day at a time, I have other problems to focus on at the moment, this is just an added bit of stress. 🙁

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 12, 2011, 12:35

Hi Brunski

It’s good to hear from you

I hope your epilepsy improves.

Regarding the potential sponsorship of your partner, it would be wise to listen to your “niggling fear in the back of your head”. And as you say, you have some other things to deal with rather than adding extra stress to your life.

Do what’s truly good for you (things that reduce stress usually fall into that category) and that will work out best for others even if they don’t always see it that way.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Brunski

Joined in 2005
October 13, 2011, 21:35

Hi Anne Marie,

thanks, its good “to be back” 🙂 My epilepsy is just one of those things, just when I think its improving it comes back to bite me. Oh well …

It was my birthday on Wednesday and I spent the night with my partner which was wonderful, I believe that he loves me and I am realising more and more that the feeling is mutual. But still,there is still some uncertainty about the whole situation anyway, I am sure I will work it out eventually!

God bless,

Brunski

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.153 seconds.