Forums

just a couple of questions (is it really all a lie?)

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 31, 2011, 22:48

has it been a life of unlearning Brunski?

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 1, 2011, 08:03

Hi Brunski

You have certainly had a lot to contend with and are to be commended for your resilience to keep going.

I’m glad also that we have been of encouragement to you. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Brunski

Joined in 2005
November 1, 2011, 14:03

Has it been a life of unlearning AVB?

yes, I guess it has, but I am still “unlearning” :~ and its still challenging and very much a battlefield, but I am sure I will get there in the end! Just got to keep on going no matter how hard it gets and with God’s help I will run the race and cross the finish line 😉

Yes, Ann Maree you and everyone else have been a source of encouragement and support, but sadly, I think there is still a few more “muddy waters” I need to cross before I reach my destination and can truly hold my head up high!

sarab

Joined in 2011
November 1, 2011, 20:53

Hi Anthony – it was a long while ago that I read your book – do you mean “unlearning” to be unlearning about what “the church” taught you about same sex relationships?

Thanks

Sarab 🙂

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
December 22, 2011, 13:46

Hi Brunski,

How are you going? We haven't heard from you for a while. Hope you are well and everything is working out with Tom?

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful Happy and Safe New Year.

God Bless

Brunski

Joined in 2005
December 22, 2011, 22:23

Hi Mother Hen

thanks, Merry Christmas to you and all the team here on freedom2b 🙂

I'm okay, still have my ups and downs, I know that God loves me, I know He accepts me as I am, forgives me, embraces me and sent His one and only Son to die for me. But sometimes, it just feels like that not enough. I guess, Im just greedy 🙁 Or perhaps, part of me doesn't really believe that God loves me, forgives me, accepts me … Or maybe, I'm just craving a little more love and acceptance … maybe I haven't totally accepted or resolved my sexuality and faith issues. Only God knows well, if I am honest with myself, I know, but acknowledging it and dealing with it, will only open yet another can of unwanted worms. A flood of unwanted emotions and set me up for further emotional torment. And I'm not ready for that, but will I ever be ready? that's another question. I do complicate my life don't I?

Things are okay with Tom, they haven't changed all that much although, he hasn't asked me about sponsoring him for a while now, he has been busy with work and besides, its coming to the end of the year, so there is nothing that can be done anyway …

I did speak to a lawyer, I may have told you already, sorry if I am repeating myself, basically she said, she cant advice me until she can see the conditions of Tom's passport and she would need to ensure that he has not overstayed his visa and is not illegally here or that he is not working illegally …. and seeing how I haven't been able to get hold of his visa, nothing has changed. Sadly, I am now seriously questioning his motives and whether he truly love me, whether he is here legally or not, I did ask to see his passport or for him to provide it to the immigration lawyer I spoke to or to me, in order to pass it on. Initially, he told me that he "lost it" then thinks he left it at his "sisters" place, and before you say anything, no she is not his actual sister, just as his "uncle" is not his actual uncle, many Chinese & other Asian cultures refer to older, and close, non-family members as "uncle" or "brother" or "sister" out of respect or something like that, so that's the case with Tom. His "uncle" is unrelated, just as his sister is. Kind of weird if you ask me, but then again, I guess we sometimes use the word brother when referring to close friends. So in short, things are pretty much the same apart from being a little less stressful.

But of course, I have complicated my life in that I have since met a nice Indonesian guy, we have become friends and it now appears that he is hinting at the possibility of him and I becoming more than friends … just like Tom he is not a permanent resident here. Is it just me, or is there a pattern here? Am I so gullible & is it so obvious, that every, Tom, Dick and Harry who comes here on a holiday or to study or whatever comes to the conclusion that I am their ticket to freedom, their ticket to stay here permanently ? Or am I just "too nice" and possibly, too stupid?

Does that answer your question Mother Hen?

Sorry I write too much.

Brusnki

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.108 seconds.