Forums

Shan - 19 year old country guy trying to make sense of things...

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Rivers

Joined in 2008
April 17, 2010, 13:47

Ian, I won’t call fire down from heaven or bears from the woods (on this occasion :p ), but please do get in touch next time you are in Japan. And for everyone else with a connecting flight in Japan or planning a trip here: COME OUT to Tokyo! You’ll be glad you did. Or connect on Facebook or Twitter and at least give me a call. August 14-15 is Tokyo’s Pride Parade and Festival. Should be fun.

Shan, enjoy your day today. Hope you can meet more people from the forums to encourage you. If you ever do put out a press statement, I’ll track the blogs, twitter and traditional media in Japanese for you 😉 Its kinda my thing.

Timothy

N149

Joined in 2010
April 17, 2010, 13:57

Timothy, Ironically, I do that too 😛

I monitor social media coverage for my company 🙂

Ill send you my ID on Twitter and FaceSpace 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 17, 2010, 21:22

WOW…… i missed the news……had a feeling this might happen.

might get to see you soon then.

N149

Joined in 2010
April 17, 2010, 21:44

I am now in Cronulla.

Just got a call from a friend who was supposed to help..

She is trying to get me into Exodus…

I don’t know anymore. Maybe it is worth a try?

i am so confused at the moment and just want it all to end.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 17, 2010, 23:38

Hi Shan

You are accepted and loved the way you are, and that includes being gay. You do not need to deny that part of you. The truth is what sets us free rather than trying to conform to someone else’s idea of what we should be. Feeling unsure can be a normal part of this process however so try not to worry about that..

Hopefully you have talked with avb, which will no doubt help clarify and support where you’re at with all of this.

Keep us posted.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 17, 2010, 23:45

Yes, inspired words, Rivers. That is so true about the ex gay ministries and also about good fruit being the way to ascertain what is the right path.

Rivers

Joined in 2008
April 17, 2010, 23:46

Hang in there Shan. Hope you were able to talk to Anthony and to meet up. We are all praying for you and are here to support you.

Your friend probably means well, but as I’m sure you know, the method is misguided. “Ex-gay” groups, even if their motives are good, only cause confusion and harm in the long run. They are not efforts inspired or guided by the Holy Spirit, but by a religious, legalistic and philosophical view of God that is not healthy or good for our psychological, emotional or spiritual well-being. Rules taught by men, not God. We can judge by the fruit, and efforts to change our orientation don’t produce good fruit.

Deep down we all know in our hearts that God loves and accepts us, just as we are. Being gay is good. It is natural. It is part of God’s design. It is holy. It is a blessing. As we grow in confidence in who we are created to be, grow out of the negativity, come out to those we love and live lives of integrity, the fruit the Holy Spirit produces in our lives is love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness and more. That is the good fruit we are seeing in you as you have been learning and growing over the past few weeks and in coming out to your Mum yesterday. God is doing a good work in you and will bring it to completion. Just hang in there. You are perfect the way God made you, and are loved and accepted.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 17, 2010, 23:59

its not uncommon for some people to feel unsettled after all this…..I’m not sure if that is of great comfort to ATM though.

your friend means well……..but obviously has very limited knowledge on these things or has only heard one side of the story.

We will talk more about it tomorrow over lunch.

N149

Joined in 2010
April 18, 2010, 19:33

Well… Met up with Anthony & Shane today…

Amazing people 😀

Explained a few things to me… Fell a bit better about myself…

Called Mom today… Told her about the email I got about Exodus… Her tone of voice made me think she thought of it as a valid solution. I was like “no way am I going through one of those”.

She then told me that she is worried about me… But wouldn’t specify what… I am thinking that this is good. At least she has started thinking about it…

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 18, 2010, 20:02

I’m glad you met up with avb and Shane and are feeling a bit better. Your Mum obviously cares for you and wants the best…. it might just take her a while to know what that is, and to realise that being gay is not a bad thing as the church have told her. On the contrary, you are wonderfully and fearfully made in God’s image, exactly as you you were meant to be. 🙂

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.214 seconds.