Forums

Shan - 19 year old country guy trying to make sense of things...

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
August 22, 2010, 02:25

I’m so sorry that someone took information from this forum and used it against you, Shan. Not a very Christian attitude, really.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 22, 2010, 07:43

Hi Shan

I echo Meg’s sentiments.

And whatever happened to upholding confidentiality and privacy? It seems your cousin has no respect for those concepts. And then there’s the judgment and condemnation he’s heaping on you. That’s hardly Godly behaviour, and if he’s used your words without permission, that’s plagiurism, possibly with slander thrown in too.

That said, there’s probably no point wasting any of your energy on him. I’m reminded of the Desiderata poem which talks of staying away from vexatious people. Good advice and a beautiful piece of writing.

Just know you are loved and accepted here, Shan. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

RaulG

Joined in 2010
August 22, 2010, 19:13

Querido Shan,

I’m so very sorry to hear that. How strange that some will speak as if they know the Word, and yet act in a manner which only serves the purposes of the Adversary! Stay strong, Shan. I cannot speak for anyone but myself, but I am here for you.

Yours in Christ,

Raul

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
September 3, 2010, 11:59

Thanks for the encouraging words Raul.

Unfortunately I know this will be a long battle, an example is the following.

Shout out to my ignorant rude cousin who, through hours of google searching found this thread, decided it would be appropriate to paste it on my facebook wall with the comment of “Shanon, you don’t LET people help you! You would rather listen to gay former pastors than people who try to show you God’s Word and the way to act based on that.”

Aaron Evans, to you I say “That ‘gay pastor’ has more life experience than you and your sterile plastic bubble do! Also, I don’t mind help, I just don’t want your lectures!:

/rant

How sad that this person is totally unaware of how his ignorance can cause such hurt and pain……to say nothing of being disrespectful to post such sensitive information in such a public space as your facebook wall.

N149

Joined in 2010
September 4, 2010, 21:10

Thanks for the encouraging words Raul.

Unfortunately I know this will be a long battle, an example is the following.

Shout out to my ignorant rude cousin who, through hours of google searching found this thread, decided it would be appropriate to paste it on my facebook wall with the comment of “Shanon, you don’t LET people help you! You would rather listen to gay former pastors than people who try to show you God’s Word and the way to act based on that.”

Cousin A.E., the accountant, to you I say “That ‘gay pastor’ has more life experience than you and your sterile plastic bubble do! Also, I don’t mind help, I just don’t want your lectures!:

/rant

N149

Joined in 2010
September 21, 2010, 19:42

And here we go again…

I much preferred the version of “have nothing to do with you” version I got last lecture.

Received this email today.

It goes without saying that all future emails have been set to bounce. Mainly saying that for the cousins who are reading along with this story…. *stares*

“Shanon,

Those you call your friends are lying to you and leading you down the path that leads to destruction. I know you may never believe me, but I have been in a very similar situation to the one you are currently in. Please don’t turn your back on what the Bible says because of what your friends say. This woman the man speaks about in the following message may be able to help you. Please consider either attending this or somehow getting a copy of the message. It will really help you. Just give it a chance.

Shalom in Moshiach,

Aaron

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 21 September 2010 3:23:49 PM AEST

To: inquiries

Subject: Former Homosexual from USA, now Born-Again – to share her testimony at CTFM in Melbourne this Friday 24th September

Dear family & friends in Christ,

For those of you in the Melbourne area, do not miss this one time only opportunity at CTFM in Hallam this Friday 24th September at 7:30pm to hear the miraculous testimony of Christine Sneeringer from the USA, who was once a leading homosexual activist, but is now a born-again Christian minister through the supernatural life transforming power of God!

This will be her only meeting in Melbourne. She along with her Pastor will also be ministering this Sat & Sun at Hillsong Church in Sydney.

Pr Daniel met with her for the first time when he spoke at the ‘Reclaim America Conference’ the USA two years ago, where she too was one of the speakers.

‘Christine Sneeringer is the Executive Director of Worthy Creations in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, which is part of the worldwide network of Exodus International. She has been walking in freedom from homosexuality for 20 years and she helps disciple others who want freedom from unwanted same sex attractions. She is a support group leader, conference speaker, and freelance writer. Her testimony has appeared in Charisma, Campus Life, and Decision Magazine. A gifted communicator, Christine’s passion is to educate and equip Christians to deal with homosexuality in a compassionate and biblical way. Christine is pursuing her master’s degree in counselling psychology’.

Catch the Fire Ministries Apostolic Centre at 23 Melverton Drive, Hallam (Melways Ref: 96 G2)

Please forward this through your networks.

Rising Up Australia and the Nations as His Kingdom Comes,

Jason Golden

Catch the Fire Ministries

PO Box 7427

Dandenong VIC 3175 Australia

Tel (613) 9794 8211

Fax (613) 9794 9311

http://www.catchthefire.com.au

IanJ

Joined in 2009
September 21, 2010, 21:05

If they are interested in dialogue, (or even if they’re not) you could send them something like a link to Ben Gresham’s blog- or one of his videos.

Ian

RaulG

Joined in 2010
September 22, 2010, 17:26

Querido Shan,

Esto si me arrancan los mangos. There are few things as obnoxious as someone dismissing everything you’ve said, and claiming “No! You’re wrong and I’m ignoring what you’ve said!”

So for your own catharsis (and mine) I’m going to go over this little e-mail and lay some righteous fury upon it. Ready? Let’s go!

“Shanon,

Those you call your friends are lying to you and leading you down the path that leads to destruction. I know you may never believe me, but I have been in a very similar situation to the one you are currently in. Please don’t turn your back on what the Bible says because of what your friends say.

Two things:

-How the hell does this Aaron person know that you are “turning your back” on the Word? Isn’t it possible that you have very good, very Christian reasons to disagree with their interpretation (namely a little something called CONTEXT).

-“Your friends are lying to you and leading you down the path that leads to destruction”. Really? Because I always thought that self-loathing and self-delusion based on a total misunderstanding of Scripture, and denying the beauty of being the person God made you to be was the real “path to destruction”. Silly me. |(

Begin forwarded message:

Do we have to? :((

For those of you in the Melbourne area, do not miss this one time only opportunity at CTFM in Hallam this Friday 24th September at 7:30pm to hear the miraculous testimony of Christine Sneeringer from the USA, who was once a leading homosexual activist, but is now a born-again Christian minister through the supernatural life transforming power of God!

Hey, do not bring my Lord into this mess. This is not the saving power which makes blind men see, lame men walk, and elevates the souls of the weary.

This is humananity trying to force their will on God’s good creation thinking they know better.

Pr Daniel met with her for the first time when he spoke at the ‘Reclaim America Conference’ the USA two years ago, where she too was one of the speakers.

“Reclaim America”? Why is it that the most obnoxious meetings of people are always under the auspices of “Reclaiming” or “Restoring” something? It’s like when Richard Dawkins had that conference about “Reclaiming Secularism” or Glenn Beck with “Restoring Honor”?

People please, what these guys speak of reclaiming or restoring is still there. They just want it to work for them and them alone.

Christine Sneeringer is the Executive Director of Worthy Creations in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, which is part of the worldwide network of Exodus International. She has been walking in freedom from homosexuality for 20 years and she helps disciple others who want freedom from unwanted same sex attractions.

“Walking in Freedom”? It’s not an addiction, vato, it’s an orientation. You either are or are not.

Also…”unwanted same sex attractions”? If you are attracted to someone, doesn’t by definition mean you want them?

The semantic horse crap is stunning!

A gifted communicator, Christine’s passion is to educate and equip Christians to deal with homosexuality in a compassionate and biblical way. Christine is pursuing her master’s degree in counselling psychology’.

” a compassionate and biblical way”? Hold on let me turn on the old BS TRANSLATOR 9000:

Translation: teach people to more efficiently mangle and misinterpret scripture

Also….a Counseling Degree? Pay close attention in those classes, Christy. You’ll see that the DSM does not consider Homosexuality a disease either.

…of course given the fact that she hasn’t even bothered to understand her Bible (the cornerstone of our faith), I doubt she’ll pay attention to the APA or ACA either.

Hey Christy, you know how else tried to warp psychology to serve a political end, to “cure” homosexuality?

Yeah, that guy.

Congratulations, Christy. You would have made Uncle Joseph proud. |(

N149

Joined in 2010
September 23, 2010, 02:42

I also owe Aaron a little apology… Not much, but still more than I am inclined to give. He was only the one who was rude enough to post a link to this page on my facebook wall… His sister Katrina was the one who went through my twitter account and found Ben on Twitter, the link the Freedom 2 b[e] on his page, and so on, so forth.

Sorry for the delay Meg, Thanks heaps. I agree! What ever happened to that “love” we hear about? Obviously lost in one of their homeschooling sessions.

Ann: Again, sorry for the delay. I agree! They seem to want to be able to do whatever they want to people, provided they can somehow back it up with whatever version of “Christianity” they want.

Ian, Aaron isn’t interested in conversation. He is stuck on his Ultra high horse with his monologue.

Once he starts, he won’t stop. Don’t even ask him for his opinion on the Christmas Tree…

Ben’s blog has been good for some people, but Aaron isn’t one of them.

Raul, Im loving your breakdown of that email. Absolutely loving it!

Would love to chuck one particular thing in…

” I know you may never believe me, but I have been in a very similar situation to the one you are currently in.

Wow Aaron. Guess what. You are right. Maybe. I haven’t made up my mind yet.

On one hand, If you are being honest, I would really lOoOoOoOove an explanation with why he has treated me like he has, seeing as how, apparantly, he knows a situation similar to me…”

On the other hand, myself & an accepting cousin and her husband agree that it would make sense if you were… Na… not saying it ;). I guess “staying pure” might not have been the only reason you haven’t shown interest in women, nor had a partner of any sort…

Katrina, you might ask your brother for clarification on that point.

Also, side note. I don’t like how “Catch the Fire Ministries” format international numbers. IMHO it should be 61 3 9794 8211. Little things annoy me…

Planning on going to a small family reunion within the next few weeks. Kinda annoyed that I don’t own anything in fluro pink… 😉

Love you people!

Shan

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 23, 2010, 08:46

Hi there

Raul, you make me laugh! 😀 😀 😀 Thank you!

Shan, you’re right. Dialogue with people who are so set in their beliefs will not work. Dialogue requires openness and an ability to listen, both of which appear absent in those accusing you of being on the path of destruction. Would you consider blocking any of the persons concerned on facebook and withdrawing from that kind of contact?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.277 seconds.