Forums

Shan - 19 year old country guy trying to make sense of things...

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 4, 2010, 13:51

Hey Ann & Ian,

Ann: I am staying with someone in Sydney who may help me out if worst comes to worst… I am 80% sure…. Which is pretty good for my standards…

Today has actually been a great day :D. Was up till late praying… Singing (which I rarely do) and talking to people… Letter is finished… Just want someone’s opinion on it before I chuck it up here… Small changes will happen but I am pretty happy with this version as opposed to the 7 before 😛

Ian: Thanks 😀 LOL. Again, I can’t believe how awesome today has been, Got more work accomplished in 5 hours than I did the entire week I was in Sydney last month :D.

I am eating… And keeping everything down, with exception of a very mild headache from lack of sleep I am actually having an awesome day… (note to others, do not sleep on top of your iPhone and clear emails throughout the night, makes for a very bad night of sleep 😛 )

Also… Had a 20 minute chat with Mum today… About God & the Bible… Pretty awesome chat… She may take this better than I thought…

Thanks everyone for the continued support… This site really is amazing 😀

Shan…

I read about the stress this is causing you and also lack of sleep.

Please dont feel pressured to come out……it is a very personal thing and you should do it when you feel comfortable.

…..and yes we do have christian parents who I’m sure would be happy to be there for you if you need them to speak to your parents.

N149

Joined in 2010
April 4, 2010, 22:53

Anthony: Wow… Awesome response :D… It seriously is an amazing book… Such an encouragement! Haven’t finished it and it has already taken the title of favourite book from my previous one.

I don’t think the stress will go until I do become truthful… I think it is something I need to do for myself…

After the discussion Mom & I had yesterday i think she will be a little better than I thought… Although still planning for the worst.

Thanks… I will seriously think about it…

The male biological unit will not be informed… We left it (and the majority of it’s abuse) when I was 6. It has no need for truth. I am just worried about mom… Its sounds silly I know… But it kinda feels like I am really gunna turn her world upside down.

Thanks again Anthony 🙂

Off to finish this great book 😉

Shan

P.S. As of 8pm I finished “A Life Of Unlearning”…. Was in tears through most of the last chapter… Awesome awesome book!

N149

Joined in 2010
April 5, 2010, 16:25

Hey… Quick question for everyone…

Has anyone else seen or heard of this DVD?

http://www.throughmyeyesdvd.com/index.php?page=get

Looks pretty cool… Planning on ordering a copy through Amazon… Just wanting to know if anyone else had thoughts on it.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 5, 2010, 22:13

Anthony: Wow… Awesome response :D… It seriously is an amazing book… Such an encouragement! Haven’t finished it and it has already taken the title of favourite book from my previous one.

I don’t think the stress will go until I do become truthful… I think it is something I need to do for myself…

After the discussion Mom & I had yesterday i think she will be a little better than I thought… Although still planning for the worst.

Thanks… I will seriously think about it…

The male biological unit will not be informed… We left it (and the majority of it’s abuse) when I was 6. It has no need for truth. I am just worried about mom… Its sounds silly I know… But it kinda feels like I am really gunna turn her world upside down.

Thanks again Anthony 🙂

Off to finish this great book 😉

Shan

P.S. As of 8pm I finished “A Life Of Unlearning”…. Was in tears through most of the last chapter… Awesome awesome book!

sounds like I should make you my No.1 PR person Shan……..hehe.

looking forward to meeting you face to face.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 5, 2010, 22:31

F2B sydney is always first friday of the month

N149

Joined in 2010
April 9, 2010, 23:46

I hope to be there :)…

I had a major realisation the other night… And only just realised I hadn’t posted it here!

I have been praying so much in the last few days… And have been listening to so much “positive influence” & Christian music… Its a “me” that I don’t even recognise! Anyhoo… Was in the bath praying and it dawned on me…

God is NOT the one with issues about me being gay… He made me exactly the way I am…

I am the one with the issues… Years of being told it is wrong, Negative self conditioning and trying to “shut down” parts of myself… Sounds really basic and stupid but it really was such a big thing for me.

I believe I now need to somehow undo all the damage I have done to myself… Not sure where to start, but I do think I am closer to God than I have ever been before… And that feels so suh-weet!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 10, 2010, 01:03

YEAH…… you got it!!!!!

The issue was created in you and us by your own and others ignorance about sexual orientation and our interpretations of half a dozen verses of the written 1,000’s of years ago with no understanding of the historical and cultural contexts or the original languages they were written in.

God is about as concerned about our sexual orientation as He is about the colour of our hair, eyes or whether we are left of right handed.

The life we live is what counts.

IanJ

Joined in 2009
April 10, 2010, 10:08

Hi Shan!!

Good letter.

I know you don’t want a letter written by committee, but could I make two suggestions?

When you are telling your mother about the contact you’ve had with people recently (through Freedom 2b[e] or otherwise, would it be worth indicating that some (?most/?all) these people are coming from a Christian perspective? Whatever the truth is. This might put her mind at ease a little about who has been ‘putting ideas into your head’

Also, there’s a confusing typo. You wanted to say ‘psychologist’ but you wrote ‘phycologist’- that’s someone who studies algae. You are not a unicellular green blob!

Ian

N149

Joined in 2010
April 10, 2010, 10:22

And this is exactly why I posted this on here 🙂

Both points taken in and letter amended 🙂

Thanks Ian 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 10, 2010, 11:45

what an excellent letter Shan……I like the way it is constructed….building the positive first and letting your Mum know how much you love and appreciate her. I also like the way you’ve give the power back to her to respond appropriately and that this is what you hope for.

Ian’s suggestion is a good one as well about other Christians………it might be good to add the demonination as well. Particularly if you are say Baptist or Pentecostal……then she will know that change is happening in these places.

A couple of other suggestions…..up to you if you use them or not.

1. It might be good to just let her know that you have not only been talking to other people but that you have also done your own research about the science………and what the Bible really says.

2. Assure her that you are intelligent and level headed and not being deceived……and not living like she may think a lot of gay people live……often called the “gay lifestyle.”

3. you said ‘I’ve tried to kill myself several times”…….does your Mum know about this…….if not I may suggest another way of saying that.

Sorry that is three suggestions…..not a couple…..hehe.

All in all its a fab letter you should be proud of …..and I pray it really touches your Mums heart.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.178 seconds.