Forums

Shan - 19 year old country guy trying to make sense of things...

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

N149

Joined in 2010
April 2, 2010, 22:35

Ann Maree,

Thanks :). Although it is highly inconvenient I believe June is the best time for it. Going to Sydney for two weeks in late June/earlyJuly for work which gives everyone plenty of cool down time. I think ill get over the anxiety in a week or two… All I know is that I have been praying so much about this… I never have prayed so much in my life… I think this realisation is making me much stronger…

I honestly always plan for the worst… Unfortunately it has been something I have always needed to do. Its hard to break that habit. On the other hand, when everything goes well it is a nice surprise…

Thanks for your continued support 😉

Shan

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 3, 2010, 09:06

Hi Shan

I understand your need to plan for the worst…. I do it too. It’s good to be prepared for all possibilities, especially the worst. Self care is really important and having supports lined up just in case. So in the event that the worst scenario should happen, have you established some supportive strategies and contacts to get you through?

IanJ

Joined in 2009
April 3, 2010, 16:29

Hi han,

I’m concerned for you too! 🙂

Think of Ann Maree and I as your step-parents!! 😀 thinking of your best interests.

I think your timing of late June is a good thought- but not if it stresses you for the next 12 weeks!!

I’m unsure of whether to say ‘forget the letter for a few weeks and destress’ or whether I should say ‘finish the letter then you’ll feel better’. From what you’ve said, the second option might work for you better.

I’m praying for you.

We believe in you.

You’ve got our complete support.

Ian

N149

Joined in 2010
April 3, 2010, 16:54

Hey Ann & Ian,

Ann: I am staying with someone in Sydney who may help me out if worst comes to worst… I am 80% sure…. Which is pretty good for my standards…

Today has actually been a great day :D. Was up till late praying… Singing (which I rarely do) and talking to people… Letter is finished… Just want someone’s opinion on it before I chuck it up here… Small changes will happen but I am pretty happy with this version as opposed to the 7 before 😛

Ian: Thanks 😀 LOL. Again, I can’t believe how awesome today has been, Got more work accomplished in 5 hours than I did the entire week I was in Sydney last month :D.

I am eating… And keeping everything down, with exception of a very mild headache from lack of sleep I am actually having an awesome day… (note to others, do not sleep on top of your iPhone and clear emails throughout the night, makes for a very bad night of sleep 😛 )

Also… Had a 20 minute chat with Mum today… About God & the Bible… Pretty awesome chat… She may take this better than I thought…

Thanks everyone for the continued support… This site really is amazing 😀

Shan…

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 3, 2010, 17:26

Hey Shan

You are most welcome to copy and paste the letter into a personal message to me &/or others if you want feedback before posting.

Glad to hear you’re having a good day and have a mate in Sydney, and that your chat with Mum around various topics went well. Keep looking after yourself physically – that will also help you get through this much better.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
April 3, 2010, 17:31

Ian and Ann, I think you are awesome step-parents! 🙂 Heh, we are all Shan’s new family. You two are the stepparents, Ben is the older brother, and I am the younger one. Good stuff. 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 3, 2010, 17:37

hehe Sweet! Thanks gettingthere, Ian and everyone. You are a great family. 🙂

N149

Joined in 2010
April 3, 2010, 17:51

Considering I interact with my family as little as possible… Yeah… This site is a pretty awesome family 😉

IanJ

Joined in 2009
April 3, 2010, 22:21

Very cute Bryan!

Hope you’re enjoying life- getting onto the home stretch for the school year now, isn’t it?

I visited Mindanao (Cagayan de Oro) once- a long time ago.

Ian

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 4, 2010, 13:48

Basically what i have so far is the first page is similar to my story that begun this forum… In less detail. I don’t want Mom to know the full details.

Then move on the the hardest sentence I have written followed by what she will be wanting to ask…

I kinda feel bad giving this to her and asking her to keep it to herself… Thinking I should nominate someone (I have a family friend in mind) for her to talk to… I don’t want this getting out… you know… Small towns…

Anthony, I got a copy of your book. I haven’t been a reader for many years, But I read through half of it in one night… Finally put it down at like 4am! Up to chapter 11… Amazing!

Sorry… Just had to add that 😀

God told me to write if for you shan.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.18 seconds.